Uber: Quick to celebrate success, not so quick to respond to concerns

Uber2u

Uber have been quick to acknowledge and celebrate their success in Canberra. Yet UberX drivers and riders in Sydney are still seeking answers pertaining to the most recent RMS announcement. Allegedly 40 UberX drivers have had their vehicle registration suspended. The RMS have warned that these activities will continue. But, Uber remains silent and providing no answers or clarification.
If "longterm success" of it's partners are paramount to their philosophy, then why are the disregarding a MASSIVE part of service area. Rather sad really.

Last edited:

UberNow

It's easier to celebrate success than to solve difficult problem. I don't think they know what to do. Even if they do, they won't announce to the public, especially their enemy, the taxi industry. After all, Uber is a so called "illegal" company.

FlDriver

Press releases are almost always positive news. Do you expect any company to put one out announcing bad news?

Does Coca Cola put out press releases saying drinking all that sugar can make you gain weight and isn't good for your teeth? Of course not. They would, however, put out a statement if their sales go up or they release a new product.

Do airlines put out press releases saying there is no legroom, the service sucks, many of their flights arrive late, and they no longer serve free meals? Nope.

Is there anything in that release that is not true?

UberX.illegal?

Press releases are almost always positive news. Do you expect any company to put one out announcing bad news?

Does Coca Cola put out press releases saying drinking all that sugar can make you gain weight and isn't good for your teeth? Of course not. They would, however, put out a statement if their sales go up or they release a new product.

Do airlines put out press releases saying there is no legroom, the service sucks, many of their flights arrive late, and they no longer serve free meals? Nope.

Press releases are NOT ALWAYS positive. The more I read your posts. More you appear to be an yuber shill.

stanleywau

Hi, is that not the right time to join the Uber? Just read a lot of posts here, and knew Uber may be banned by RTA, the car may be suspended. But, ACT is regulating for Uber drivers.

I'm very interested in to be UberX driver, but it seems there is a big risk to do that. Anyone can give me some advice?

Thanks

Bekind

Yes Stanley.. Stay away until u know .. RMS Compliance officers will be around during the Xmas period.
Your Rego will be cancelled .. And you probaly could get a fine which possibly means a Criminal record.

PZUber

Yes Stanley.. Stay away until u know .. RMS Compliance officers will be around during the Xmas period.
Your Rego will be cancelled .. And you probaly could get a fine which possibly means a Criminal record.
Yes.. and your name could also end up on the govt's no fly list, you will be branded a terrorist sent to Guantanamo and your family taken from you and boiled to death...

Uber2u

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry that you misunderstood my initial post @FlDriver. I was making reference to an email sent out almost instantly when ACT agreed to new ride-sharing regulations vs. the lack of responses to email concerns. Not once did I say that they should create media releases pertaining to negative news. So once again, sorry that you some home misunderstood my post.