Uber pulling out of Quebec

Gung-Ho

Over 15 hours of extra driver training.

What a bunch of crybabies.

I wonder what their operating losses were in Quebec and London. I'm guessing they weren't making a profit so their decision to pull out wasn't very painful.

Buckiemohawk

I wonder what their operating losses were in Quebec and London. I'm guessing they weren't making a profit so their decision to pull out wasn't very painful.
Uber always makes money from the drivers. The problem with Uber is that they want to funnel drivers into the system and out because there turnover is so high because of the money loss. Cab companies have always had a high driver turnout but never as high as Uber. Anything that impedes them from flooding the streets with idiots, they pull out.

pegasimotors

Uber always makes money from the drivers. The problem with Uber is that they want to funnel drivers into the system and out because there turnover is so high because of the money loss. Cab companies have always had a high driver turnout but never as high as Uber. Anything that impedes them from flooding the streets with idiots, they pull out.

Exactly this would result in less drivers out there vs. oversaturated newcomers who haven't did the math yet.

ShinyAndChrome

Article said 35 total. Are you saying uber already requires 20 hours in Quebec?

I get regulation, but seriously this job does not require "35 hours of training". Evidence: The fact that nobody gets training and 99.999% of the time (probably actually that much) there is no major event like an assault.

Grown adults who pass background checks don't need 35 hours to navigate the brainless simpleness of driving a car for hire. It simply does not need a week to do well.