• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Promoting Use Of The Service For Medical Transport e.g. Pregnant Women For Childbirth

Wonkytonk

The article mentions it in passing but skips over the implications of the use of the service for medical transport. I don't know about you but I refuse to be used for medical transport in urgent situations like childbirth, or any other urgent medical issues. We don't get paid enough to bear that type of liability.

Here's the ad, and an excerpt from the article appears below it with a link to the article following both.

Fresh off logo overhaul, Uber breaks biggest campaign in its history
By E.J. Schultz. Published on September 16, 2018.

Uber is putting its image repair campaign in the rearview mirror as it launches the biggest campaign in its history in an attempt to strike a more uplifting tone.

The campaign by 72andSunny Los Angeles is called "Doors Are Always Opening." It will debut on TV Sunday night during NBC's broadcast of the New York Giant-Dallas Cowboys game, as part of a major media investment by the ride-hailing marketer. ...

https://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/uber-breaks-biggest-campaign-history/314946/

Wonkytonk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah this is taking community service way too far.
Yeah, I'm wondering if maybe we're gonna need midwife certification come this time next year.

You know I joke but the entire idea of this stupidity is mindboggling. This reminds me of their genius idea to be an underaged unaccompanied minor transport company earlier, and while they did away with the webpage and ads for that you can still make the argument they're quietly engaged in that business still now. At driver expense of course.

Wonkytonk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know if I didn't see this myself..

I wouldn't have believed it...

They REALLY ARE showing an Uber...

Transporting a pregnant woman...8>O

Having labor in the car...

Or at least implying that...

This is scary and stupid....8>O

Not in my car...!!!

Rakos
View attachment 260658
It really is hard to believe this idea was vetted even minimally.

It makes Uber look like they've got a bunch of ametuers working there.

We know they have a legal department, and now we know they don't bother to vet their stupid expanding market ideas through them. .

Well I suppose we discovered that when they ran with the other stupid idea of becoming an underaged unaccompanied minor transport service.

The managing director that allowed this idea to go through needs to be summarily fired

wow the degree and level of stupid and irresponsible and deaf to drivers' concerns...
I absolutely could not agree more with this sentiment.

Lee239

How much is the Uber water break fee, Uber afterbirth placenta in the car fee, and Uber child birth delivery fee. It's just irresponsible for a driver to earn $2.36 to take a woman in labor to the hospital and to promote it as a service.

Do you really think I'm gonna let a woman in labor get in my car for less than $1 a mile go F yourself Uber and Dara

#Longhaul ambulance rides

It really is hard to believe this idea was vetted even minimally.

It makes Uber look like they've got a bunch of ametuers working there.

We know they have a legal department, and now we know they don't bother to vet their stupid expanding market ideas through them. .

Well I suppose we discovered that when they ran with the other stupid idea of becoming an underaged unaccompanied minor transport service.

The managing director that allowed this idea to go through needs to be summarily fired

I absolutely could not agree more with this sentiment.
Uber does not care, they make you agree to a TOS and the pax did too that lets Uber do anything without you being able to sue them. They would rather spend $50 million in legal fees than pay someone off and set a precedent for future problems because Uber is like a criminal enterprise and they have done many illegal and immoral things in the past.

Last edited:

Texie Driver

Notice how they say..

no need to respond back...

That will go in file 13...8>O

Nice try...better to tweet it...

Bet it will get attention then...8>)

Rakos
View attachment 260722
i have noticed the first canned response always comes quickly after hitting "send", probably without human interaction. click "no" at end when propted did this answer your concern... or yes to " can i help you further"... this screen seems to vary... lol

the 2nd response always takes longer and seems to be at least partially human-generated. still no reply to my follow up message. will post when i get one.