Inshur

Uber Project

JMP

Hi People
I'm a university student doing a project about Uber and want and speak to some drivers in London to hear about their experiences. I think drivers are basically getting screwed over by the company and I want to document this.

Before you ask, no unfortunately I am not able to pay you for your time as, to be honest, I can't afford to. Although I'm at university, I'm a working-class lad trying to get some qualifications to get on in life, so I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to spare some time to help me out.

If anyone is interested, we can talk over the phone, wouldn't take much time maybe around 30-45 mins. Participation totally anonymous.

Cheers,
Jalal

Cabbie2B

image.jpeg

Try Portsmouth..... :-)

Hi People
I'm a university student doing a project about Uber and want and speak to some drivers in London to hear about their experiences. I think drivers are basically getting screwed over by the company and I want to document this.

Before you ask, no unfortunately I am not able to pay you for your time as, to be honest, I can't afford to. Although I'm at university, I'm a working-class lad trying to get some qualifications to get on in life, so I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to spare some time to help me out.

If anyone is interested, we can talk over the phone, wouldn't take much time maybe around 30-45 mins. Participation totally anonymous.

Cheers,
Jalal

Spy & Mash

Hi People

Cheers,
Jalal
Jalal I take my hat off to you.
Uber drivers need more heroes like you because it looks like they have got no fight in them.
Fortunately I do not work for them so therefore cannot help you.
I would be surprised if you got any help whatsoever but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Good luck for the future and hope you do well at university.

soTuga

The best way to get a piece together is to take some rides and get the overall views from the drivers. I've in this forum for around 6 months, in this time there's been countless people wanting to do the same as you..interview drivers.

Spy & Mash

The best way to get a piece together is to take some rides and get the overall views from the drivers. I've in this forum for around 6 months, in this time there's been countless people wanting to do the same as you..interview drivers.
Or one day just pop down the Uber feeder park at Heathrow.
Those numb skulls have got hours and hours of their time to offer you and it won't cost you much to get back home- only 75p a mile.

JMP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the suggestion. I've done that a fair bit so far but as trips are usually quite quick it's hard to get into a detailed discussion. I'm also bound by a code of ethics which means that I can only report what people have said to me if they have freely agreed to participate and provide me informed consent to do so - and I'm not sure whether them being the nearest driver around satisfies this!

I also realise that Uber seems to be a hot topic amongst students/researchers at the moment. Perhaps rightly so. Although, again, I think drivers' voices are still being neglected among this.

JMP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jalal I take my hat off to you.
Uber drivers need more heroes like you because it looks like they have got no fight in them.
Fortunately I do not work for them so therefore cannot help you.
I would be surprised if you got any help whatsoever but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Good luck for the future and hope you do well at university.
Thanks for your kind words

Remi Jonas

Am Uber driver. Definitely not been screwed can assure you of that. Many BC drivers write on this forum pretending to be Uber drivers. And thats appaling. Good luck with your project.