Uber Pro ?

CaptainToo

I have been looking forward to Uber Pro and was disappointed to have missed the pilot.

So I got the following email Friday, good news maybe?

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 4282019 15816 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 4282019 15816 PM.bmp.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Based on feedback from drivers like you lol. This company needs to go down hard.

I don’t see even anything about the extra time and distance rates in the Bay Area. I remember that being the “big” feature of this Pro crap and it looks like while they took it away from you in Seattle, it looks like it never even started here, unless I’m just not seeing it in the app.
Well this is what we used to have:

Screenshot it now, before they pull down/amend the web page.

JPilla

I forgot about that lol that extra 2 cents could've bought me a six pack at the end of the month. Now what do I do?
Post automatically merged:

Well this is what we used to have:

Screenshot it now, before they pull down/amend the web page.
All they talk about is points. Unfortunately, I can't pay rent in points or badges.

Save money on gas from the most expensive gas providers..

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I forgot about that lol that extra 2 cents could've bought me a six pack at the end of the month. Now what do I do?

All they talk about is points. Unfortunately, I can't pay rent in points or badges.
No actually They did pay more on rides. I'll find one of my Pro Driver wage weeks and screenshot it

View attachment 316274

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Hard to do with pool lol do they allow opting out of pool ?
Nope! You better LOVE pool.

The way it works is they send you a bunch of requests in a row that say 5 minutes away, 1 minute trip down the road. Of course you decline, but slowly your AR declines too.... Then they send you a gravy trip. 45 minute trip, 1 minute away, +$3.50 surge. You happily accept and after you pick up your pax and drop them off 45 minutes later, you eagerly watch your screen for the next request to come in. When it does come in.....(Whomp...Whomp Whaaah sad trombone.) It's a regular request with no info on trip length and time. You silly little Ant, you let your AR drop too low by not answering all those pools and 0.7 mile trips with the pick up 8 minutes away. Now back to the pile with you little Ant until you can get your AR back up...Remember....accept all pool and grocery store/transit center trips..:thumbup:

You wouldn't believe how many Ants after once getting a taste of that, work hard to get it back.

Gibman73

Hard to do with pool lol do they allow opting out of pool ?

This will be an interesting find as this progresses. I’m certain we’re all aware they’re not going to allow us to opt out of Pools. Having said that The behavior of the algorithm, and I’m willing to admit this is merely my anecdotal experience, is that when I decline Pool requests I also see fewer of them overall.

LoveBC

So let’s detail out all the perks.

Here’s Partner Level

View attachment 316444

So it features quest and ctb, you ants already have this.

1.5% cash back on gas. Fleet partners are not eligible for this.

25% off maintenance that’s probably double overpriced.

Nothing to see here

Here’s Gold
View attachment 316441

ASU tuition: who the hell cares?

Trip duration: one decent perk

Priority Support: does such a thing exist?

Roadside assistance: any driver should already have this!!

Recognition in app: WHO THE [email protected]@@ CARES????

Here’s Platinum
View attachment 316442
Nothing new here....

Here’s Diamond
View attachment 316443
Select airports.... which ones???

Hbcolo

I was making more money before they did Uber Pro. I've been a diamond driver for the last 6 months and all they do is use you to take multiple crappy rides with short distance so you don't use your AR up. It almost feels like you're being used.

The best part is being able to see the time and distance of the next ride. other than that it doesn't matter.

Hbcolo

So let me get this straight by being an excellent driver with excellent ratings they put you on Uber Pro so they can force you to take a bunch of shity rides and fulfill a quest to make the same amount of money per hour as you were before all of this crap? What a @@@@ing joke

Launchpad McQuack

I was making more money before they did Uber Pro.

Of course you were. Any time Uber makes a change to the pay structure, the purpose of that change is to pay you less. Don't kid yourself into believing otherwise. It's really simple. When Uber makes changes to the pay structure, it is because they are trying to cut costs.

Hbcolo

Of course you were. Any time Uber makes a change to the pay structure, the purpose of that change is to pay you less. Don't kid yourself into believing otherwise. It's really simple. When Uber makes changes to the pay structure, it is because they are trying to cut costs.
I went from loving my job to hating it be there in less than 3 weeks

Disgusted Driver

It should be called Uber PROstitute. Under releas you that they love you and you are going to get better tricks but to get that you have to take all comers.

Antquisha

I'm literally sabotaging myself so I never get that perk of seeing the trip duration. I declined and cancelled so many rides last night lol. Like someone mentioned, once you get a taste of it you'll prob sell your soul taking shit rides to get it back. That's the whole intent of this dumb badge crap. I'm good.