uber pro tip

kingcorey321

uber rate are estimated for the pax. if us drivers take a longer way the pax will not be charged more for that ride.
my tip is always use your judgement .today uber navigation wanted me to use surface streets . i know the area well took the freeway time was the same distance was about 8 miles longer. i checked the pax phone what they were being charged i also checked my phone i made 16 bucks uber made 1 dollar pax paid 17 dollars total. so going the longer way takes ubers cut and gives it to you . i am tired of having uber make 10 % more then me on every ride . on short rides there making much more.
ive been doing this judgement call for about 6 months now figure i post to help some of you out . always use different navigation then uber on longer trips.

Bubsie

I usually ask pax if they have a preferred route. If not, I'll go the long and fast way.

kingcorey321

How is it possible to make a net profit at that rate?
these are the going rates . many drivers do it . work long hours for every 60 dollars i earn i have to pay 10 in gas city driving . to earn 100 a day is very hard . a year ago i used to make great money 20 or 25 an hour .

Matt Uterak

these are the going rates . many drivers do it . work long hours for every 60 dollars i earn i have to pay 10 in gas city driving . to earn 100 a day is very hard . a year ago i used to make great money 20 or 25 an hour .

Gas isn’t the only cost.

Even the cheapest cars that qualify for Uber, in all markets I’m familiar with, cost at least $.15/mile to operate. At current fuel prices it is more than than. $.10 for a car that gets 30mpg.

Most drivers end up over the 1.5 miles driven per paid mile.

Spending $.20 - $.30/mile for gross revenue of $.60 - $.70/mile makes not sense.

kingcorey321

Gas isn’t the only cost.

Even the cheapest cars that qualify for Uber, in all markets I’m familiar with, cost at least $.15/mile to operate. At current fuel prices it is more than than. $.10 for a car that gets 30mpg.

Spending $.20 - $.30/mile for gross revenue of $.60 - $.70/mile makes not sense.
again this is what drivers get paid . if you account for the value of the car falling drivers may not be making any money at all

FLKeys

Gas isn’t the only cost.

This is why I concentrate on revenue per mile over hourly pay driving for rideshare. I don't care what my hourly rate is I care what my end pay per mile is including all unpaid miles.