• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Pro: My observations in KC for the past 3 weeks

bpsa1

I just hit the Uber Pro Diamond threshold this past weekend. My acceptance rating is in the high 80's (88%), and cancel rating is around 2%. Sunday was my first full driving day with the status. Previously, I just had my acceptance rating go over the 85% threshold prior to Labor Day weekend, so that I could unlock the Diamond benefits that I earned prior. Here are my observations thus far:

Priority Airport Rematch. I took 3 rides to the airport. Each time I got rematched (within seconds), the ride information on pop-up shows "Priority Ride". One of the rematched rides had 4 large bags, a stroller, and a ~1-2 year old without a car seat, which I cancelled, and then left the airport empty-handed (come on, I'm an UberX). I don't know the inner workings of it, but I almost usually get rematch within a few seconds to a couple of minutes, previously. So not sure if there is any real difference in it. Of course there were many times I left KCI empty-handed. I don't really know if priority rematch will help with that or not.

The Ride Direction/Length of Ride is my biggest benefit out of this (this is for gold and up). I've usually declined ride requests previously in areas I don't generally pick up from (ex-urbs, high crime areas). Having this information allows to me to predict where the ride will go, before I accept (best ones are rides in Johnson County going north around 30-45 minutes, since they are 99% going to KCI). Also, with this information I've declined more rides, especially rides 10+ minutes away that are only going a few minutes so my acceptance rating has taken a modest decrease from 95%. This allows me to better filter rides than previously, just based on pick up area, so I have been more inclined to pick up rides in areas I had previously avoided. As a predominantly Northland/DT/Johnson County driver, any rides that'll get me out of what I call trap areas where most rides are intra-city (Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, Independence) are what I seek using that information. I've noticed my fares have been slightly better with the duration/direction benefit than before.

Arizona State University tuition benefit. Yes, I'm doing it. I signed up for it. I'm not a stranger to online classes, so this is a no-brainer for me. I have filled out everything/sent in everything and waiting on Uber to pay the $70 application fee. They basically cover what you would be responsible for out-of-pocket, after grants. They don't cover books. I have an associate's degree and been wanting to finish my Bachelor's for awhile now, so why not? I have 3,175 rides under my belt, above the 3,000 required. Just to keep this benefit, it would only require KC drivers to have the 3,000 rides, and just do 67 rides during 3 point periods, every 3 months. Not really hard to do maintain it once you reach the threshold.

5% cash back on gas. Use it at Costco or Sam's. Makes their gas about 10-11 cents cheaper a gallon.

Last edited:

jfinks

I have been gold quite a while but just went over the 85% acc rate last week and hit platinum yesterday. I had been working on getting acceptance rate up there for the last month so I could try it out and see if it is worth it. I am right at the 85% level so I have to be careful and not decline too many rides. One thing that is important is to accept all stacked trips, I got burnt by this while on a trip and ignored a few stacked trips. It bumped me below the 85% for a while. I guess just have to accept them and then hope they cancel or cancel the trip if it is too far once you drop off. I am using the "stop new requests" feature more to prevent stacked trips. I am going to work to get around 90% acc rate so I can be a little more selective and not risk dropping below 85%.

It was funny yesterday early before the game. Lyft was going crazy and I couldn't shut it off, it kept giving me a new request before I could toggle it off. It was all trash anyway, all lyft requests were over 15minutes away.

I drove longer than I ever have recently yesterday and did pretty good. Ended up at about $350 in about 12 hours. This wasn't constant driving, took a couple breaks, shopped at MicroCenter for an hour or so, waited 40 minutes in the hold lot at airport. But it was about 12 hours away from home. No trips for the game crowd at the stadium but was out east on Noland road around 9pm and had a late pickup in front of Arrowhead. I had to do a little "offroading" to get there since all the roads were closed. I just jumped the curbs when needed making my way to the stadium. lol Took some Ravens sports reporters to a hotel near the airport.

End of week logged about 28 hours and made about $720 or so. Not too bad.

Last edited:

gambler1621

i started at about 30% acceptance and 2% cancellation. Trying hard to increase/decrease those stats without taking obviously bad trips and cancelling obviously bad trips after acceptance, I increased acceptance to about 68%, cancellation inreased to 12%, but income per hour increased. I have notices no difference at the airport.
In conclusion, it's not worth it to me to reach the thresholds (I have more than enough rides to maintain gold). I also noticed my driver rating dropped and my personal satisfaction tanked.

jfinks

Ya, the trip direction and duration is ok, but if you are right at 85% it is easy to lose it. Iv'e had it for a while and lost it a couple times and can't say if it makes much difference. My limits to pickup time/distance is more important.

jfinks

i started at about 30% acceptance and 2% cancellation. Trying hard to increase/decrease those stats without taking obviously bad trips and cancelling obviously bad trips after acceptance, I increased acceptance to about 68%, cancellation inreased to 12%, but income per hour increased. I have notices no difference at the airport.
In conclusion, it's not worth it to me to reach the thresholds (I have more than enough rides to maintain gold). I also noticed my driver rating dropped and my personal satisfaction tanked.
Ya I had the full uber pro with estimated trip duration. I lost it last week when I ignored a bunch of requests while already on a trip with uber. I've been having to hit the "stop new requests" when on a trip to shut them off and that is kind of a pain and easy to forget. Usually do it on longer trips only though. Generally I don't like stacked rides because I have caught uber giving me requests in a surge and not paying surge rates.

I'm back down to 77% and I calculated that I would have to accept 100 straight trips to get back up to 85% and that isn't going to happen any time soon.