Uber Pro levels - why do they reset every 3 months?

tkman

Why do the points reset every three months? The points used to get to the various levels or Uber Pro: Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond. I can see having a rolling three months so if you stop your points drop, but to reset to 0 every three months and have to start again. Feels like these levels don't really mean much. What other business or activity works like that? I understand for a credit card to reset every month because you pay down the balance. However in what work environment does it reset to 0. What employee would accept their pay, status, tenure being reset to 0 every 3 months. Almost everything provides benefits to someone who has experience and the benefits accumulate and grow with time and experience. They rarely get reset to 0 unless one changes roles, switches companies, or departments or some significant change that justifies a step backwards. Why does Uber reset their Uber Pro to 0 every three months? Do they want to irritate their experienced drivers, encourage them to go to another delivery company? I can understand leveling the playing field for new drivers to some extent but this seems too much and too often.

Timlee252525

Why do the points reset every three months? The points used to get to the various levels or Uber Pro: Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond. I can see having a rolling three months so if you stop your points drop, but to reset to 0 every three months and have to start again. Feels like these levels don't really mean much. What other business or activity works like that? I understand for a credit card to reset every month because you pay down the balance. However in what work environment does it reset to 0. What employee would accept their pay, status, tenure being reset to 0 every 3 months. Almost everything provides benefits to someone who has experience and the benefits accumulate and grow with time and experience. They rarely get reset to 0 unless one changes roles, switches companies, or departments or some significant change that justifies a step backwards. Why does Uber reset their Uber Pro to 0 every three months? Do they want to irritate their experienced drivers, encourage them to go to another delivery company? I can understand leveling the playing field for new drivers to some extent but this seems too much and too often.
Because uber wants you to drive 24/7/355!! Every time you take a brake uber doesn’t make any money

Last edited:

goobered

Uber just wants to remind drivers that we have no real value to them other than being an ant.

Same reason why getting only 6 thumbs down from scamming customers or incompetent restaurant workers will completely knock you off the tiers.