1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber premium

Discussion in 'Licensed' started by br99992, Aug 6, 2017.

1. br99992

br99992 New Member

I have recently signed up as an Uber driver with my Mercedes glk350. From what I see I can be driving and Uber premium (in CT). According to ubers website I need 25 rides and 4.7 rating to qualify. I just completed that requirement. Is there a way to request premium only pings? I noticed from the pax app I show up as both premium and UberX on the map. Would like to be able to wait for a premium request instead of both as pax can see I am driving as both premium and x and may just pick x since it's the same car. Any suggestions on how to set this up?

Driving at the uberx rate with high maintenance costs is insane. Just looking to make a few extra bucks nights and weekends.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Uber_rat

Uber_rat Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive UberX and UberXL. Hopefully, this same process will work for you with Premium. I simply went to the Help section and filled out a request to have a separate profile for just UberXL. It was fairly painless and now I have two profiles; one with both X and XL, and one with just XL.

3. JaniceCT

JaniceCT Well-Known Member

How many premium rides do you average ? Are they good rides or are many short?

4. EcoboostMKS

EcoboostMKS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Premium sucks in CT. It was ok years back when it was black and there were actual requirements to drive for black, but since they switched to premium, it's complete garbage. Too many idiots driving their brand new mercedes on premium and X and not enough business.

NightRider1907 likes this.
  5. JaniceCT

JaniceCT Well-Known Member

I occasionally look the rider app and pretend I'm about to order premium. there are very few cars out there

6. EcoboostMKS

EcoboostMKS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Where are you looking? Go along 95 from Greenwich up to Fairfield on the rider app. There's cars everywhere and very little demand. I wouldn't count on much more from anywhere else in the state for premium demand. Hours can go by and you won't get anything even on a Saturday night when demand is probably at it's best. Uber black was much better years ago.