• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Posts $5.2 Billion Loss and Slowest Ever Growth Rate

VanGuy

How many regular employees would have stock as well? Why do only the directors and officers get the early out?

jocker12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many regular employees would have stock as well? Why do only the directors and officers get the early out?
Uber made $8 billion with their IPO, already burned $6billion since then.

At this pace they only have money for 6 more months.

And Dara makes predictions for 2021....

Ignatz

Last edited:

MoreTips

From the article.
Uber’s bookings — the money it gets from rides and deliveries before paying commissions to drivers — rose 31 percent from a year ago.

That's the difference from the TOS update last year that changed them from taking 25% (20% from a few old timers left) to the current system of "Here's your time and distance and we will charge whatever we want".

Drivincrazy

Now, more than ever...hold out for strong surge. My last 50+ rides in LV were all surge, averaging around $4 extra per ride. 95% of drivers stay home cuz of low pay so there is a tendency for surge in cities. It works for me in Vegas. Uber must surge the rides so pax don't go to Lyft.
Be patient and go where ride demand will be high. Ignore all base rate rides and penny incentives. If we all do this, Uber will be forced to surge the rides...evermore. Uber stock could tumble if they lose drivers enmasse. Always hold out for more...works for me. GL...

lyft_rat

TwoFiddyMile

Uber is worth 70 billion. they can last for years pissing away 5 a year.
You're joking right? Wall Street "valuation" is just a made up number. In reality they have about 2 years of cash left.
Post automatically merged:

It was 5+ billion this QUARTER. lol...
Post automatically merged:

It was 5+ billion this QUARTER. lol...

kcdrvr15

I pray they loose all their money, that uber and all their loyal fans go to bed hungry, tired, and confused about how they lost it all. I want them to wail and rip their clothes, to eat dirt and worms for food. And I want them to all live a long time, so as to maximize the suffering they must endure for their grievous and greedy transgressions against the DRIVERS.

And I want to overcharge their cheap riders so thy will wish for the taxi fares of old. ROFLMAO

lyft_rat

OK OK 5 per quarter but they can still last years. The 70B is very important, a measure of what they are worth today. If the sky was falling on Uber we would have seen the stock crash but it didn't. They are solvent. BUT I agree they may well cut drivers pay even more if they can. I think the best thing going is we have the Uber/Lyft competition.