• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Pool.....

Ububu

I opted out of their texts many months ago. Has anyone who opted out, received these texts or emails regarding POOL? I NEVER accept the second Pooler (for obvious reasons), but have yet to receive any of these warnings.

RogerJS

What in the hell is "wait listed " ?? I know the usual use of the word but what is Uber wait listing you for ?!
I got a notice about not picking up the second pax when the program first started.. Now I just accept it then cal

LAuberX

I got one today.... I have NEVER cancelled on the second pax... once I make the mistake of accepting a pool ride we are all going on a pool ride!

toi

It looks as if they are implying something to their "employee"
How about putting an option to opt out of pool requests and see how many drivers will actually still do pool rides?

This reminds me a scene from one of my favorite movies "office space "

UberSneak

I got this today. I've also gotten the "you are in the top 5% for acceptance". Which may be true, I accept ALL pings, but I skip maybe 65% of them. Maybe even 66.3%.

Ububu

I got this today. I've also gotten the "you are in the top 5% for acceptance". Which may be true, I accept ALL pings, but I skip maybe 65% of them. Maybe even 66.3%.
Had you previously opted out of Uber's texts in general? Just trying to figure out if those that opted out ever receive this?
Or...do they just get blacklisted one day without warning.

soonsoon

I wouldn't worry about. it looks like a threat text sent to everyone in general not targeting anyone specific. I think Uber can't detect who's cancelling and who isn't. Morons. so they just send it to everyone because they know it's hapening but can't be specific as to who.

CaptainJackLA

i like the part where it says THE RIDER CAN'T INSTRUCT YOU TO NOT TAKE THE 2ND RIDE. Damn right, the rider can't tell me what to do, no matter what.

hey UBER @@@@S, i am an independent contractor and i have an email from an UBER CSR that specifically tells me that I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THE 2ND RIDER, IT'S AT MY DISCRETION.

blow it out your ass.

oh, i don't get those texts either, opted out of the bullshit.

if WAIT LISTED means removing me from being sent any Pool rides, sign me up.

OCDodgerFan

One night, I got a Pool ride, and the second chirp came in. So, my passenger and I went to this nightclub on the West Side and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, he calls me and says his girlfriend is looking for her jacket, and that it'll be up to 10 minutes. I say I already have a Pool passenger with me, at which he says "I dunno what this 'pool' thing is. I didn't even want it; it just gave it to me." I did a rider request cancel and took the young lady home. But that was about 15 minutes (total time from ping to cancel) we'll never get back...