Uber pool

priusguy

Did they star the uber pool program in Houston and do you feel about it
you won't make any money I did in Chicago and pool was the one reason I stop working
There is no money there and then you have four different personalities in your car actually 5 including you

yamafx4dude

Ell to the no for uber pool. You will A: Earn considerably less shuttling one person or B: Get a car full of random strangers who may or may not get along. I experienced it in Miami and yeah no thanks. We dont get enough pings to warrant pool here. Pool is for densely populated areas which we are NOT at all in Houston

itsablackmarket

Ell to the no for uber pool. You will A: Earn considerably less shuttling one person or B: Get a car full of random strangers who may or may not get along. I experienced it in Miami and yeah no thanks. We dont get enough pings to warrant pool here. Pool is for densely populated areas which we are NOT at all in Houston
I must say this again. Lyft must see this is a gift to them. Uber doing this is going to aggrevate drivers enough to push them to Lyft. With pool, Uber's reputation will deteriorate very fast in Houston as drivers lose the straw last of patience. Lyft needs to let Uber devour themselves in their short sighted greed. If they do the same thing, they're throwing away an opportunity all because they trust Uber's strategies which are based on a misunderstanding the Houston market due to sheer stupidity. This is the last place and time where you would want to introduce pool.

Last edited:

yamafx4dude

How is it greed when Uber is taking a smaller cut because the fare is lower? It's just stupidity. Pool won't work here. You can see this with trip destination already. Are you getting rides every trip destination? Nope. That's how pool works. Going in the same direction. We are just too spread out here. The burbs will be the worse place for pool.

Fuzzyelvis

How is it greed when Uber is taking a smaller cut because the fare is lower? It's just stupidity. Pool won't work here. You can see this with trip destination already. Are you getting rides every trip destination? Nope. That's how pool works. Going in the same direction. We are just too spread out here. The burbs will be the worse place for pool.
Uber is not necessarily taking a smaller cut. They may be charging each person less but they're charging four of them instead of one. You on the other hand are only getting paid for one trip.

It's not as if the regular cost of the miles you drive is divided by four and that's what each customer pays. It doesn't work that way. Bear in mind they always get their upfront fee no matter what, so now it's four of them.

darkshy77

Here is what pool looks like in Las Angeles...
Screenshot_20170928-194042.png
Screenshot_20170928-193932.png

priusguy

Did they star the uber pool program in Houston and do you feel about it
back in Chicagoland I use to pay from Bloomingdale to Ohare $35 airport fee $5 included I ordered pool one time total was $18
$35 - 5=30 and then uber cut after that now imagine with uberpoo $18 - 5 = $13 before uber cut
This tells you how cheap uberpoo is