Uber Pool sucks

mark_mark

Yep! SUCKS, this morning I was like wth, mabey airport, NOPE, .75 miles indian techie who wants me to stop in the middle of 1st when there is a perfectly good white zone 1/4 a block away... and the constant ordering around and ZERO TIPS... I want to be line STFU!

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
"I said stop in the middle of 1st, Ant!!"

20170910_173719.png

K-pax

Took my first pool in a month last night. First pqx jumps out of the car as the second pax gets in "i have to grab a plastic fork, be right back!" And runs into a resturaunt leaving us waiting for him. Ugh... that was akward. Second pax didn't blame it on me and was cool. Still though.... ugh.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Never ever take stool unless it's a high surge
I never take POOl, but I was sitting in Ballard today under a dark red surge and all I kept getting was pool pings and getting timed out. Then the dark red turned to a medium red and still I had no fare so I decided a minimum payment pool fare on surge was better than getting nothing at all, so the next request that came in, a pool AGAIN, I accepted.

Not too bad at first, but of course it couldn't be a normal ride. I had a couple in the back heading to the Space Needle, and the next pax was a single lady going to a place off Dravus St. Fine, all's good. I drop her by Dravus, and proceed to the S.N. with the 1st couple. Then ping!! Aahh! $#*%#!! I had forgotten once you accept POOl, you can be trapped in a vicious cycle of revolving pax before your car is empty.

So I pull up to Elliot Ave, where the 3rd pax is waiting. WTF, I already had 2 people in back, and this girl walks up with 2 friends in town. 3 people and she ordered pool?!! Remember I have a Prius C2, not an SUV. My pax in the back even said what the hell does she think she is doing. I roll down the window and she has the nerve to ask if we can make room for them. Before I could answer her, my current pax, the guy in my back seat tells her, "NO! You need to get another Uber, and it needs to be an Uber X or XL! Not an Uber pool if you want to bring all your friends along!" She began trying to explain herself to him and he cut her off and told her, "That's not the way the system works....lady!!! Order another car!!" (Possible Uber employee perhaps:rolleyes:??)

Then the girl turns to me and asks me to cancel her because it will cost her money if she does it. I honestly couldn't figure out how to do it without cancelling all my pax cuz it had been so long since I did pool, but finally I found her and cancelled and was about to drive off when she pointed to one of her friends standing behind her and asked to cancel her too.

What??! Apparently two of these 3 girls, both ordered Uberpool to save the ultimate money on a ride. I knew I had another pool pax to pick up, but I didn't know she was standing on the curb next to the 1st pool pax. Whatever...I cancel the other girl just to get the hell out of there. Mercifully I made it to the SN with no more pick ups, and slammed the button offline, and high tailed it back to Ballard.

I did pretty good financially considering the short trip, but still.......it's Russian Roulette with Uberpool, but no more for me!!

20170910_213234.png

mark_mark

so! tonight around 9, I got ping after ping after ping of pool. 1.5 to 1.7. I said wth, drove 1 mike and got another added... then my foot kicked my ass and said ooohell no. cancel both pax

Ballard_Driver

"I said stop in the middle of 1st, Ant!!"

View attachment 156887

This pic made me smile :smiles:

I never take POOl, but I was sitting in Ballard today under a dark red surge and all I kept getting was pool pings and getting timed out. Then the dark red turned to a medium red and still I had no fare so I decided a minimum payment pool fare on surge was better than getting nothing at all, so the next request that came in, a pool AGAIN, I accepted.

Not too bad at first, but of course it couldn't be a normal ride. I had a couple in the back heading to the Space Needle, and the next pax was a single lady going to a place off Dravus St. Fine, all's good. I drop her by Dravus, and proceed to the S.N. with the 1st couple. Then ping!! Aahh! $#*%#!! I had forgotten once you accept POOl, you can be trapped in a vicious cycle of revolving pax before your car is empty.

So I pull up to Elliot Ave, where the 3rd pax is waiting. WTF, I already had 2 people in back, and this girl walks up with 2 friends in town. 3 people and she ordered pool?!! Remember I have a Prius C2, not an SUV. My pax in the back even said what the hell does she think she is doing. I roll down the window and she has the nerve to ask if we can make room for them. Before I could answer her, my current pax, the guy in my back seat tells her, "NO! You need to get another Uber, and it needs to be an Uber X or XL! Not an Uber pool if you want to bring all your friends along!" She began trying to explain herself to him and he cut her off and told her, "That's not the way the system works....lady!!! Order another car!!" (Possible Uber employee perhaps:rolleyes:??)

Then the girl turns to me and asks me to cancel her because it will cost her money if she does it. I honestly couldn't figure out how to do it without cancelling all my pax cuz it had been so long since I did pool, but finally I found her and cancelled and was about to drive off when she pointed to one of her friends standing behind her and asked to cancel her too.

What??! Apparently two of these 3 girls, both ordered Uberpool to save the ultimate money on a ride. I knew I had another pool pax to pick up, but I didn't know she was standing on the curb next to the 1st pool pax. Whatever...I cancel the other girl just to get the hell out of there. Mercifully I made it to the SN with no more pick ups, and slammed the button offline, and high tailed it back to Ballard.

I did pretty good financially considering the short trip, but still.......it's Russian Roulette with Uberpool, but no more for me!!

View attachment 156940

You sure do have the best luck!

The nice thing about having a minivan is that when pax do dumb things like having too many people to fit, IF I feel nice at the moment I can typically squeeze them in. If it's a regular Lyft or X I can also send in for a fare adjustment to convert it to an XL/Plus if I want to milk 'em the way they should have! I've been doing more Line rides (since they equalized rates) with high PT lately, and it is nice even for the normal 4 person max to have 6 seats. That way nobody has to sit next to some stranger. I still obviously don't like doing them, but it's not that horrible with the extra space... And if the money is right it's worth the hassle.

dimwit_driver

Pool has been discussed often enough on this board that everybody should know by now that the first rule to successful ubering is Never Take Pool. If you take one and it's a disaster well, yeah, that was to be expected. It was pool. Never. Take. Pool.

mark_mark

Pool has been discussed often enough on this board that everybody should know by now that the first rule to successful ubering is Never Take Pool. If you take one and it's a disaster well, yeah, that was to be expected. It was pool. Never. Take. Pool.
it's so tempting on high surge hours but I know It will suck

I wish Pool was charged like this

1 pax 100%
2 pax 150% = each pay 75% of fare
3 pax 200% = each pay 66% of fare