1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber-Pool second seat booking fee...

Discussion in 'London' started by eric_london, Oct 10, 2016.

1. eric_london

eric_london Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Does anybody know that Uber charge £1.00 for pax who books with there mate? When you try to book pool it will ask you of how many seat do you need? If you choose 2 seat they will charge additional service fee of £1.00? So question is this £1.00 goes to the driver or not? You can get 4 individuals to get four paying pax going the same direction. Two seat means one paying pax is lost. Uber fee is £1.00 but who gets it is not clear... ummmm I smell something fishy here. Lucky I receive no pool.

2. Masteryoda

Masteryoda Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
  3. eric_london

eric_london Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber doesn't call us partners in their service agreements but they call us CUSTOMERS and also for cheapster pax they call USERS!!! And read this....

CITY ADDENDUM ‐ UberPOOL LONDON

Last update: March 4, 2016

Customer entered into a Services Agreement with Uber B.V. for the use of the Uber Services in connection with Customer’s Transportation Services (the “A greement” ). This is an addendum to that Agreement and sets forth additional terms and conditions that are applicable in the City of London. This addendum supersedes and replaces any earlier addendum relating to UberPOOL. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Agreement. By clicking “I agree”, Customer agrees to be bound by the additional terms below.

1. (1) UberPOOL. U ber may offer a ride pooling option to Users in your region that allows two (2) or more Users unknown to one another to share in all or a portion of a given instance of Transportation Services provided by Customer (“U berPOOL” ). In the event that Customer provides Transportation Services to Users utilizing UberPOOL, Customer acknowledges and agrees that: (a) once a User initiates Transportation Services with Customer utilizing the UberPOOL option, one (1) or more additional Users may also initiate separate

T r a n s p o r t a t i o n S e r v i c e s r e q u e s t s ( i . e . , r e q u e s t a p i c k u p a n d / o r d r o p o f f ) , s u c h t h a t m u l t i p l e i n s t a n c e s o f Transportation Services are being provided by Customer simultaneously; (b) the Fare for each such instance of Transportation Services is paid by the respective UberPOOL User for Customer’s provision of such Transportation Services and, subject to Section (2) and Section (3) below, shall be calculated b ased on historical data for similar uberX trips (taking into account various factors including time of day, day of week and age of comparable trip data) and discounted based on local market factors (currently at the percentage set forth in Section (4) below) (“U berPOOL Fare” ) (for clarity, “UberPOOL Fare” has the same meaning as “Fare” in t h e A g r e e m e n t e x c e p t a s s p e c i f i c a l l y s e t f o r t h i n t h i s A d d e n d u m ) ) ; a n d ( c ) t h e S e r v i c e F e e t h a t C u s t o m e r p a y s to Uber will vary on a per Transportation Service basis based on the number of UberPOOL Users that actually use simultaneous Transportation Services (as set forth in Section (5) below), provided that the Service Fee that Customer pays to Uber for a given instance of Transportation Services provided to an UberPOOL User where

t h e r e i s n o s i m u l t a n e o u s T r a n s p o r t a t i o n S e r v i c e s p r o v i d e d ( i . e . , t h e r e i s n o m a t c h e d U s e r ) s h a l l n o t e x c e e d t h e Service Fee that Customer would pay for the same provision of Transportation Services to a User not utilizing UberPOOL.

2. (2) Where, following a User request, the actual drop off point of a User utilizing UberPOOL is either:
      1. (a) an additional 1km or more from such User’s drop off point specified at the time of trip request via the

Uber application; or

2. (b) 110% of the total distance of the User’s originally requested trip, as estimated at the time of the trip

request via the Uber application,
      (whichever is larger) the Fare paid by that User for the entire trip shall not be based on the UberPOOL Fare and shall instead be calculated based on current uberX fares. For clarity, no discount will apply. The relevant applicable Service Fee will remain the same as in Section (1) above.

3. (3) The parties acknowledge and agree that as between Customer and Uber, the UberPOOL Fare is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of the recommended UberPOOL Fare is to act as the default amount in the event Customer does not negotiate a different amount. Customer shall always have the right to: (i) charge a fare that is less than the recommended UberPOOL Fare; or (ii) negotiate, at Customer’s request, an UberPOOL Fare that is lower than the recommended UberPOOL Fare (each of (i) and (ii) herein, also a
      “ N e g o t i a t e d F a r e ” f o r t h e p u r p o s e o f t h e A g r e e m e n t ) .

4. (4) UberPOOL Fare.

4. Masteryoda

Masteryoda Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hmmmm o_O I don't accept pool and the reason studying vehicle maintenance 3 more years and bye bye uber:cool:

5. Xvandriver.nowuberX

Xvandriver.nowuberX Well-Known Member

It's the same when pax split fare with friends they get charged £0.20p for each split fare but uber keeps that.

sheikh waseem likes this.