Uber Pool Scam! X2.1 Surge only paid out $1.68?!

fork2323

So this morning it was X2.1 Surge I get a rider using pool for just a few blocks.. normal uber minimum rate is $4 with the driver getting $2.40.. so I figured with Surge of X2,1 I figure minimum would be AT least $8.. But No! Total fair is only $3.10 with me only earning $1.68
Screenshot_2015-08-18-09-42-03.png

fork2323

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What does this mean now? That with pool the minimum ride is only $2? $1 for the ride and $1 safe rider fee, so the driver only makes $0.80 cents for a ride?! That's insane! Screw all Pool rides now. Never accepting them no matter the surge

Raider

Wtf, whatever shred of dignity you have left take it with you and turn off your app. Christ

fork2323

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just went to Uber's LA office and they did confirm the minimum pool ride pays out only $0.80 cents and X2 Surge only pays $1.60... normal uber no surge pays $2.40... never doing pool again

KeJorn

So this morning it was X2.1 Surge I get a rider using pool for just a few blocks.. normal uber minimum rate is $4 with the driver getting $2.40.. so I figured with Surge of X2,1 I figure minimum would be AT least $8.. But No! Total fair is only $3.10 with me only earning $1.68 View attachment 11904
Had a rider who told me that he had been traveling through California and how much he loved UberPool, because often another rider never gets in the vehicle and they still get the discounted rate.

My immediate thought was, does the driver still at least get the minimum fare? He didn't seem to like that I was concerned about the driver when he was extolling the virtues of the wonderful UberPool system (and the fact he benefited at the expense of someone else).

smh

Emp9

i used uber pool in nyc twice it depends on distance , i paid $7 and $10 both fixed amount both times no second pax which is great for nyc traffic. i tipped $2 also both times.

i guess my point is uber in CAli sucks the big one for drivers, but when i visit uberpool ftw