Uber Pool requests

SgDriverTt

Hi all, just to ask u all, how many UberPool trips u guys receive on an average week? Have it affect your earnings ?

Mobilenerd

After that one fiasco I don't take any pool jobs.
Really can't be bothered.

As it is , it's hard to chalk up $0.70 per km travelled. This excludes the wastage km used when driving around or heading to your popular destinations to seek riders.

If it goes below that , it's really not worth it.

That trip was 28km and for $10.70 it's really taking a mickey out of me. So I decided that if there are others who are willing to do the pool, let them, I won't.

I ain't doing this for the monies amd I think I have a right to choose not to be abused that way.

When I first started driving a few months back just to pass time, it was great fun, meeting people and no hassle pick up and drop with no cash involved. Just nice to pass the day.

Then started this cash acceptance and 15% fare reduction. I said fine, they are trying to capture market share. I soldiered on.

But now with this pool, the commission for them goes up but we take a fare cut, I think those intelligent enough can see through their marketing puff.

If you are hoping that pool helps with your incentives , so be it. To me I just won't be a lollipop anymore.

Poor_Lad

Every 10 request, 2 could be Pool. Pool request is more frequent in the night than in the day. Took one Pool job from T2 to Clementi and the fare was $18.60, which is absolutely out of this world. No way in hell I am going to drive more than half of SG only to get less than $20. Uber think we doing charity work si bo? Worst is when you see the shameless face on the pax ha ha.

Last edited:

Observingonly

It is because of these people who eat grass that you have to eat grass together with them.

uber and Grab are using youngsters, students, foreigners, and those people you mentioned to suppress the fare.

In Industrial Relation this is called 'Split Market Theory'.

It would be a shame when PH is regulated next year these people are also categorized as 'Professional Drivers' by LTA.

renyeo

The trouble is when Uber drivers are licensed and regulated by demerit points system next year, there won't be much tolerance or leeway to engage in tricks of the trade without risking a complain or a suspension.

Doing it straight and clean means everyone has to put up with the inherently driver-biased disadvantages of the platform.

I wouldn't elaborate more than necessary here but experienced drivers shall know what I am yaking about ha ha!

renyeo

Every 10 request, 2 could be Pool. Pool request is more frequent in the night than in the day. Took one Pool job from T2 to Clementi and the fare was $18.60, which is absolutely out of this world. No way in hell I am going to drive more than half of SG only to get less than $20. Uber think we doing charity work si bo? Worst is when you see the shameless face on the pax ha ha.
Driving uber is not for income lah. It's for people to pay their vehicle's rentals by driving a few hours each day.

In my course of driving I have seen owner-cars on PH jobs such as the Golf GTI this morning or the lovely cared for Lancer GLX. These guys probably didn't drive for income maybe to pass time, for fun or to earn some pocket money.

Then there are the rental ones like the occasional Camry or the new Sientas and Vezels. Either they are driving with no or very little income, or just to breakeven to pay for rentals because these drivers have full time job elsewhere.

Last edited:

PCMan

Today, I did a UberPool matched trip. I was short on trips to meet the TPH for the morning peak hour incentives.

Outside of peak incentives hours, UberPool is a no no for me. Will not accept if my AR is still good.

Driver4Hire

Very hard to check whether pool or X while i am sending a pax and got ping when near destination. Driving how to check?

After i drop off my current pax, i will check whether is uberX or uberPool. If i see that CB 1 pax or 1+1 icon, i cancel the job.

This week my uberPool CR is 0% lol!

NotAUberSucker

Driving uber is not for income lah. It's for people to pay their vehicle's rentals by driving a few hours each day.

In my course of driving I have seen owner-cars on PH jobs such as the Golf GTI this morning or the lovely cared for Lancer GLX. These guys probably didn't drive for income maybe to pass time, for fun or to earn some pocket money.

Then there are the rental ones like the occasional Camry or the new Sientas and Vezels. Either they are driving with no or very little income, or just to breakeven to pay for rentals because these drivers have full time job elsewhere.
Uber is banging on this very fact to carry on dishing crap to its drivers. Uber is trying to strike a fine delicate balance of getting more drivers on its platform, retaining existing drivers and entice Paxs to switch over from Taxis/Grabcar. If they succeed in finding the sweet spot, they will win the U/G War.

SgDriverTt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In short, uberpool is good for hitting TPH but fare will be sucky , ya. I also find uber to be unfair to drivers when taking the comms of 30% for uberpool

SgDriverTt

Actually im trying to find out if there are many riders using uberpool or little. Thinking of driving again and would not want uberpool to affect my earning

Tanyantao

Looking at it grab is winning at this moment. They have the taxi drivers support.

Uber is banging on this very fact to carry on dishing crap to its drivers. Uber is trying to strike a fine delicate balance of getting more drivers on its platform, retaining existing drivers and entice Paxs to switch over from Taxis/Grabcar. If they succeed in finding the sweet spot, they will win the U/G War.

SgDriverTt

Very hard to check whether pool or X while i am sending a pax and got ping when near destination. Driving how to check?

After i drop off my current pax, i will check whether is uberX or uberPool. If i see that CB 1 pax or 1+1 icon, i cancel the job.

This week my uberPool CR is 0% lol!
Haha. Zero CR means no completion of UberPool? Cancelled at first sight.
I'm curious how does uberpool rides reflect on the uber partner app, any screenshots?

Driver4Hire

Ya I completed ZERO pool rides this week.

Next time i see 1, i take screenshot and post here. Very obvious one. There are 2 icons when u pull downwards - "1 pax or 1+1". Once i see these 2 icons, CANCEL!

Sohgoody

Ya I completed ZERO pool rides this week.

Next time i see 1, i take screenshot and post here. Very obvious one. There are 2 icons when u pull downwards - "1 pax or 1+1". Once i see these 2 icons, CANCEL!
This happens only after u accepted the job.

NotAUberSucker

It will be interesting to see UberPoo pax vomit on other cheapskates Poo pax during clubbing nights and then they will think twice about using UberPoo after midnight.