Uber Pool PAX using Third Party Accounts for Rides. Are they Banned or trying to Hide?

Waingro

I have noticed lately that a frequent number of rides are with someone else's account. Why would they do this?
The fares are not that large however when I ask them about if they have an account I hear a strange silence or a mumble, credit, power ....excuse..
Am I making a big deal about this or is there something going on here. Uber is the most popular Rideshare app on the market. I just want to know who is in the car. They seem to make a fuss over our accounts and the selfies at random. Where do we stand with this if I call and no answer on the phone... are they using accounts unauthorised? or even worse in the middle of some type of illegal activity. ...

UberTopGun

As long as YOU-(The uber DRIVER) get paid and YOU keep getting paid -
regardless of whoever's credit card or account or if there is or is not any funds from the customer side -
WHO CARES!!!
why you worried about who pays the bill?
Too much over thinking old chap.
Eyes Front
Mouth zipped
Just drive!

Plenty of time for your psychological profiling later :eek: :confusion:

Last edited:

crosscitytunnel

m8 things are pretty strange around the Fuber. been through pretty crazy stuff for a really short time of doing this. picked this 2 pax from Newtown and fare was only $15 but they argued to split it b.tween :biggrin: pretty sure couple of cocktails will cost at least 50-60 bucks and still crying about $7 :biggrin:

These are the same people who are not INDICATING when they are driving lol

fields

I have noticed lately that a frequent number of rides are with someone else's account. Why would they do this?

Actually that would make sense. If you, for whatever reason, have to pay for someone else's ride, for sure you would book an Uber Pool for them. I certainly would.

The opposite also happens when people book ubers for their parents, they tend to book an Uber Comfort rather than an UberX.

whyuber

Went out on one of my rare ubering excursions last night Saturday for 7 hours.
My tipsy female rider's uber fare was already paid for by one of her work colleagues account.
At the end of the trip from city to Hornsby she vehemently insisted in paying, with credit card in hand....she wanted to pay.
She told me to make it $95...that's what she normally pays to get home in the cab.

She then wanted the $95 to be a tip for me instead....I accepted and pulled out my eftpos terminal :smiles: