Uber Pool - Issue

Bilzy4

I had an issue with an Uber Pool ride a few days back. The PAX requested a Pool ride but had 4 passengers. In the spirit of the X/XL directive I took the PAX to their destination and sent a note to Uber that I had an issue with the fare. Uber's response floored me: In cases such as these please kindly ask the passenger to cancel and re-request an X ride. That is the exact opposite from the directive of going from an X to an XL ride. Horrible answer by Uber!

Gretzky

I have yet to find any upside in accepting pool rides, and in my experience they almost always end badly. I therefor have come to the conclusion that it is in my best interest to skip ALL pool rides.

Genji

I have yet to find any upside in accepting pool rides, and in my experience they almost always end badly. I therefor have come to the conclusion that it is in my best interest to skip ALL pool rides.
Are Gretzky and I the only ones skipping all pool rides?

groovyguru

The good folks at uBer have solved our issues and here is the good news as of 2:53 pm on 8/20/15:

RIDER SEAT RESERVATIONS

We’ve received feedback from driver-partners that sometimes, uberPOOL riders bring more than one person with them on their ride. We've updated the rider app to solve this problem. Riders now have to reserve either 1 or 2 seats every time they request an uberPOOL.

Please let us know how this update is working by writing into [email protected]if your ride is overbooked.

LEARN ABOUT UBERPOOL

Thanks for moving our city,

Uber Los Angeles

Uber Technologies Inc.

1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103

Get Help View Online Unsubscribe

uberski

I skip most of time myself but when I see 1.9 and 2.1 surges, it's hard to resist.
I did that only if i m having a slow day...last pool ride pissed me out so bad that I refuse to take anymore. What the point of a 2.1 when its only going a mile!!! :mad:

Radio

During my last UberPool, when the second ping came in, the first rider asked me not to take it, since he was in a hurry. I got 3 more pings after, all of which I ignored, but I'd rather not be put in that position. Hopefully today's app update will fix the problem of people who want to ride alone requesting Pool because they think it will be cheaper.

CaptainJackLA

I had an issue with an Uber Pool ride a few days back. The PAX requested a Pool ride but had 4 passengers. In the spirit of the X/XL directive I took the PAX to their destination and sent a note to Uber that I had an issue with the fare. Uber's response floored me: In cases such as these please kindly ask the passenger to cancel and re-request an X ride. That is the exact opposite from the directive of going from an X to an XL ride. Horrible answer by Uber!
WTF man. Haven't you learned yet. Take the pax, don't you have 4 open seats? Just don't accept any 2nd pings.

Hell, I took 5 people once. I told her she is paying the ticket for no seat belt.