Uber pool fraud rates

San Diego Steve

Check your pool trip earnings, some are off by half. The mileage is nearly half of actual mileage when I recalculate. Finding issue with trips that have two seperate customers sharing my car. Someone should contact attorneys to blow existing case up. This is the straw that breaks my back. No more pool rides under 20 miles. Let us know your findings and how uber responds.

Bill Feit

I thought we all agreed to IGNORE POOL REQUESTS? wtf! Why would you work for $6/hr? Stop please and then you will not have to see yourself get screwed!!!

San Diego Steve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Steve..have you been following this forum topic...it covers the whole fing scam called Pool!

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-pool-fraud-check-this-out.86008/
Bill,
No one confirmed that the mileage is not correct. Just trying to help out others, don't dictate to me your position. I've been making good money on long pool trips. As well as I can only skip or cancel so many of the pool requests I get before I'm deactivated. Why don't you let me know your strategy to avoid them and still make the $20 per hour net that I average daily?

Bill Feit

Bill,
No one confirmed that the mileage is not correct. Just trying to help out others, don't dictate to me your position. I've been making good money on long pool trips. As well as I can only skip or cancel so many of the pool requests I get before I'm deactivated. Why don't you let me know your strategy to avoid them and still make the $20 per hour net that I average daily?
I no longer driver Uber POOL and very seldom take X without contacting PAX for destination. I usually log on as XL only as that is the only way I can actually "make money" but am lucky to receive 1 request per day. I have NOT made any money driving for Uber since the reductions in January (and I doubt you are also)...of course I drive a 2016 SUV. I note you liked my posting in other topic showing actual 2015 to 2016 and the almost 50% decline in GROSS earnings being less than $8/hr. How can you buy into Uber deception...I guess you must be one of the thousands of deceived drivers Uber is relying upon to keep them afloat! I am not!

San Diego Steve

I no longer driver Uber POOL and very seldom take X without contacting PAX for destination. I usually log on as XL only as that is the only way I can actually "make money" but am lucky to receive 1 request per day. I have NOT made any money driving for Uber since the reductions in January (and I doubt you are also)...of course I drive a 2016 SUV. I note you liked my posting in other topic showing actual 2015 to 2016 and the almost 50% decline in GROSS earnings being less than $8/hr. How can you buy into Uber deception...I guess you must be one of the thousands of deceived drivers Uber is relying upon to keep them afloat! I am not!
Hello Bill,
You know I'm not that stupid to buy into their deception. I outplay their game by calling all requests and only taking $10 net ride minimum. It's a lot of effort and you have to be crafty with the customers on the phone to pull it off. Therefore, I can't afford to skip all pool requests. I try to accept 75% of pings and cancel 50% maximum. If a pool is 10 miles minimum, I take it. But now with the issues on the second pool request causing them to short pay both rides, I'll have to skip second request now on. The second trip was the bonus on pool, now it's a liability. Im still making around $20 per hour net before gas. Around $700 with tips included for 35 hours online combined uber and lyft net before gas of $100 on 900 miles total including commute driven last week. Hope it goes better for you.
Steve

Last edited:

ChortlingCrison

Hello Bill,
You know I'm not that stupid to buy into their deception. I outplay their game by calling all requests and only taking $10 net ride minimum. It's a lot of effort and you have to be crafty with the customers on the phone to pull it off. Therefore, I can't afford to skip all pool requests. I try to accept 75% of pings and cancel 50% maximum. If a pool is 10 miles minimum, I take it. But now with the issues on the second pool request causing them to short pay both rides, I'll have to skip second request now on. The second trip was the bonus on pool, now it's a liability. Im still making around $20 per hour net before gas. Around $700 with tips included for 35 hours online combined uber and lyft net before gas of $100 on 900 miles total including commute driven last week. Hope it goes better for you.
Steve
Go get em tiger!!!!! May the Schwartz be with you!!!!

Bill Feit

Hello Bill,
Steve
Okay, so hope you feel better having justified and you certainly don't owe me any explanation. I personally have never worked full time at this and never would consider it (two years ago I did work 30-35 hours but was grossing $900-1200 week doing it)...I only drive to supplement my SS and can get by on an extra couple hundred a week which I make driving for other services. I actually feel anyone working 40 hours would do a lot better getting a real job, even one without benefits, but just my opinion..you are welcome to it Steve...Best of luck to you! I am sure you know you are exactly what Uber is looking for and I am not. Best to you.

Rendog11

Okay, so hope you feel better having justified and you certainly don't owe me any explanation. I personally have never worked full time at this and never would consider it (two years ago I did work 30-35 hours but was grossing $900-1200 week doing it)...I only drive to supplement my SS and can get by on an extra couple hundred a week which I make driving for other services. I actually feel anyone working 40 hours would do a lot better getting a real job, even one without benefits, but just my opinion..you are welcome to it Steve...Best of luck to you! I am sure you know you are exactly what Uber is looking for and I am not. Best to you.
Now that's real talk! My situation
Was the same, worked 20-25 hrs per week grossed 800-900 two years ago and January cuts lowered gross 45-50% it was a no brainer for me. No insurance or stress and wear and tear on my new car! Happy I jumped in early timing
Is everything.

Rendog11

I'm am happy for any foo ber drivers who like or need to participate
In this experiment. I use to drive. I wish you all well!

UberReallySucks

[Account Alert] Your account is at risk ==== All because of Poo Poo

You’re canceling more trips than most partners in San Diego.

We understand that sometimes cancellations happen, but you’re canceling rides at a very high rate. This makes Uber unreliable and hurts your earnings — the more trips you complete, the more you earn.

Please press “go offline” when you are not in a position to complete the trips you accept. A high number of canceled trips can lead to deactivation from the Uber platform.

Please drop by our partner support center of contact our team through your app if you have any questions.

San Diego Steve

You must have forgotten my story of why I am doing this Bill. As I mentioned last year, medical issues cost me my job and this was my way back into making money again. My body and health are more important than grinding it out in a ball and chain Corp. job again. I use my sales and customer service skills to survive this gig and make a decent living. I should be on disability but not in the mood to start that battle at this point of time. Perfect job for you to supplement your ssi . Sitting in my car is much better than standing and walking 8 hours a day. This is the reality of being over 50 and keeping up with the millennials. What happened to city girl driver, never see Anita here anymore. Did she pack it in? A lot of drivers are falling by the waste side. Must be bad for them to not continue. I make my 2 to 3k per month, life is alright with money in the bank. Take it easy Bill!
Steve

Null

[Account Alert] Your account is at risk ==== All because of Poo Poo

You’re canceling more trips than most partners in San Diego.

We understand that sometimes cancellations happen, but you’re canceling rides at a very high rate. This makes Uber unreliable and hurts your earnings — the more trips you complete, the more you earn.

Please press “go offline” when you are not in a position to complete the trips you accept. A high number of canceled trips can lead to deactivation from the Uber platform.

Please drop by our partner support center of contact our team through your app if you have any questions.
I get that every week, even though I 99% of the time my cancellation reason is no-show and Uber collects $5 from pax.

When I email uber back, they say that the no-shows are counting towards your cancellation rate "in error" - They aren't supposed to count. But for the purpose of this email they do. I just email them every time I get one and complain, just to have the paper trail of them saying its an error on their side.

Rendog11

Make
You must have forgotten my story of why I am doing this Bill. As I mentioned last year, medical issues cost me my job and this was my way back into making money again. My body and health are more important than grinding it out in a ball and chain Corp. job again. I use my sales and customer service skills to survive this gig and make a decent living. I should be on disability but not in the mood to start that battle at this point of time. Perfect job for you to supplement your ssi . Sitting in my car is much better than standing and walking 8 hours a day. This is the reality of being over 50 and keeping up with the millennials. What happened to city girl driver, never see Anita here anymore. Did she pack it in? A lot of drivers are falling by the waste side. Must be bad for them to not continue. I make my 2 to 3k per month, life is alright with money in the bank. Take it easy Bill!
Steve
Make other plans for your life because thinking foober will take you 10 more years until you retire is a stretch just saying caution keeping up with the millennials is wrong strategy your old enough to be their father your in your 50's different era. Start your disability battle now for your health because foober will make you sick mentally and physically! Good luck foober driver.

UberReallySucks

foober will make you sick mentally and physically!
That is the absolute no nonsense truth.
There's no real good strategy that works anymore for drivers, especially in a market like San Diego where the drivers are a dime a dozen especially, with the Requests getting more scarce since the start of poo.
Most Riders are using Uber not because it's more convenient or better but only because it's cheaper than other means of transportation and couldn't care less about your well-being and neither does Uber.