Uber pool auto accept riders, no longer a choice

Uber is now not giving you a choice. They know we hate pool, so now not only are they force feeding us the cheap @@@@s, now you no longer have the option to accept one passenger only. POOL NOW ACCEPTS ALL RIDERS. I just got the software update today.

Attachments

U for Uber

Yeah that's fine. We only accept the first initial pool trip because we are on a guarantee. If you're not on one of those, then don't accept the initial pool request.

This is good because we don't miss additional pool pings while driving (can hurt acceptance rate if you miss, I think. Now that isn't an issue). Also, before this you could cause accidents and stuff when trying to accept while driving.

Nomadwolf

I did notice that they won't allow you to use other Navigation options for Pool because of this. It generally makes sense, but I still like to be able to check other options through Waze, even though I try to stick with the Uber Nav to avoid missed pings.

I do like the other part of the email that you can request to automatically go Offline after the current trip. Great for getting some bathroom breaks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did notice that they won't allow you to use other Navigation options for Pool because of this. It generally makes sense, but I still like to be able to check other options through Waze, even though I try to stick with the Uber Nav to avoid missed pings.

I do like the other part of the email that you can request to automatically go Offline after the current trip. Great for getting some bathroom breaks!
what do you mean we can't use "other" nav apps? Pool (currently) doesn't care what nav app you have, and i use waze. As long as you basically stay on track, it's not a problem. And trust me, the worst thing about pool is having to follow the map, as cheap-ass riders will insist on giving you directions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that's fine. We only accept the first initial pool trip because we are on a guarantee. If you're not on one of those, then don't accept the initial pool request.

This is good because we don't miss additional pool pings while driving (can hurt acceptance rate if you miss, I think. Now that isn't an issue). Also, before this you could cause accidents and stuff when trying to accept while driving.
Have you been driving long? That's not the way this works AT ALL.

You say "don't accept the initial pool" which is incorrect. If you don't accept enough rides, of any kind, it hits your acceptance rate and you get threatening emails from Uber. I used to decline all Pool rides and then I got a nastygram. I'm like a 4.85 over 1500 rides so my star rating is fine. But if your a-rate drops, they will ABSOLUTELY kick you off the platform. If you think I'm kidding, look at the attachment.

Enjoy guarantee while it lasts, it's a narcotic, not everyone is on it, and you will end up back in the slums with the rest of the unwashed masses at some point no matter what your star or a-rate is.

I don't know how you have your rig set up, but I have no problems with accepting rides, pool or otherwise, switching apps, or working with maps.

Attachments

Nomadwolf

what do you mean we can't use "other" nav apps? Pool (currently) doesn't care what nav app you have, and i use waze. As long as you basically stay on track, it's not a problem. And trust me, the worst thing about pool is having to follow the map, as cheap-ass riders will insist on giving you directions.
I haven't updated the app or driven since the email came out, but it sounds like when you press 'navigate' in the app it will not give you an option to use other apps. If this isn't true, great. If it is, then it would be a pain to copy the destination into the other apps while the pax is waiting...

Understood about the acceptance rate, and I mentioned elsewhere, it sux you can't turn this feature off... just like it sux not to turn Pool off...

mikes424

This is a change I personally don't like. What bothers me is that Uber says it was a request by drivers. I cannot imagine a driver voluntarily giving up the option of whether or not to accept a ping.

What about the requests from "partners" to add a tipping function?

Second, slightly off topic. The app says "Uber Partners. " Partners in any enterprise have a voice in decisions that are made. Isn't this false advertising?

mahatma57

"We heard your feedback and we’re making changes to the Android partner app to make secondary pickups on uberPOOL easier for you. Starting now, additional uberPOOL riders will be automatically added to your existing POOL trips so you can focus on driving."

No, apparently you didn't hear my feedback that I would like the ability to opt out of UberPool, and I don't appreciate you forcing me to take rides I don't approve. It seems like this is Uber's way of getting around the thorny issue of having riders interact with their phones to accept additional pool requests while they are driving, which could be seen as a liability.

Juggernaut

I like how they said,"our voices were heard!" Just like adding a tip option always falls on deaf ears :wink:.

Anyways, this is good because then I dont have to contend with a paasenger that tries to tell me not to pick up additional pool requests even though they want the cheapest ride available. That always irks me. Sometimes, I will do uber pool, so paasengers can experience the luxury of an uber select. The locals or regular uber passengers that arent rich upper-class really appreciate it as well.

75drive

This is a change I personally don't like. What bothers me is that Uber says it was a request by drivers. I cannot imagine a driver voluntarily giving up the option of whether or not to accept a ping.

Second, slightly off topic. The app says "Uber Partners. " Partners in any enterprise have a voice in decisions that are made. Isn't this false advertising?
Yes it's deceptive! You're a partner about as much as I'm the Pope! Uber's interpretation of partner is a very loose interpretation!

MD138

Uber is now not giving you a choice. They know we hate pool, so now not only are they force feeding us the cheap &%[email protected]!*s, now you no longer have the option to accept one passenger only. POOL NOW ACCEPTS ALL RIDERS. I just got the software update today.
The only good thing about this is that the 1st rider can no longer pressure you to not pick up the 2nd rider. I read so many posts on here about drivers giving in to the 1st rider's @@@@@ing, and not accepting the 2nd ride.

Now, this way, the 1st rider will ALWAYS have to experience just how s h itty POOL is.

Sure

I went almost 6 hours today, not a single pool request... How odd is that? I did however receive a message that I was not accepting enough trips, strange since today was 100% and for the week it's 85%.

Kal-El

Great points!

driving312

Doesn't affect me since there is no reason not to accept pool or additional pool riders.
This is rideshare. The complainers don't own the ball to take home from the playground so tough cookies. Get a real job. :smiles:

Jinxstone

Overall, this development sucks but there is a silver lining for drivers working the guarantee that they won't miss a Pool match and screw up their acceptance rate. I wonder though if you can use the new no additional rides feature to prevent a match in the event you're desperate enough to take a Pool ride. If that works you wouldn't get a match and you'd just be offline at the end of the ride and have to log back in. It's worth a try.

veblenrules

Have you been driving long? That's not the way this works AT ALL.

You say "don't accept the initial pool" which is incorrect. If you don't accept enough rides, of any kind, it hits your acceptance rate and you get threatening emails from Uber. I used to decline all Pool rides and then I got a nastygram. I'm like a 4.85 over 1500 rides so my star rating is fine. But if your a-rate drops, they will ABSOLUTELY kick you off the platform. If you think I'm kidding, look at the attachment.

Enjoy guarantee while it lasts, it's a narcotic, not everyone is on it, and you will end up back in the slums with the rest of the unwashed masses at some point no matter what your star or a-rate is.

I don't know how you have your rig set up, but I have no problems with accepting rides, pool or otherwise, switching apps, or working with maps.
I've got over 3000 Uber trips and a high star rating and a low acceptance rate. Since the out of court settlement in California regarding employee vs. independent contractor status Uber doesn't threaten me anymore. They just whine. I let 'em whine. I still don't do Pool.

Nomadwolf

I wonder though if you can use the new no additional rides feature to prevent a match in the event you're desperate enough to take a Pool ride. If that works you wouldn't get a match and you'd just be offline at the end of the ride and have to log back in. It's worth a try.
That's a good question... I've had a couple never-ending pool rides that went over an hour...

igorek69

I've got over 3000 Uber trips and a high star rating and a low acceptance rate. Since the out of court settlement in California regarding employee vs. independent contractor status Uber doesn't threaten me anymore. They just whine. I let 'em whine. I still don't do Pool.
Same, I do not accept ANY Pool, unless on guarantee.

pizza guy

I went almost 6 hours today, not a single pool request... How odd is that? I did however receive a message that I was not accepting enough trips, strange since today was 100% and for the week it's 85%.
We're you close to hitting an incentive for accepting pool trips?