Uber Pool auto accept is dangerous

DriveMeNot

The new feature in the app that will auto accept more pool requests is dangerous. I noticed that there is a big issue with navigation that can potentially cause the driver to get into an accident.

The problem is with the new update to the app that should auto update your navigate system with the new route or address when a new pool request gets added. The problem is, it doesn't update the GPS app such as google map or waze and in fact it doesn't load them. There is not even a navigation button to force the navigation to come up. This leads the driver to focus on the stupid small map that is provided inside the UBER app that is not clear instead of focusing on driving. The driver will keep looking at it to make sure they are driving to the new direction putting their life and the passenger life in danger.

It will also cause the driver to try to plug in the address manually to the navigation app while driving, which makes it even more dangerous.

UBER have trust in your driver's please. It takes only fraction of a second to click on accept and navigate when a new request comes up. You are putting the driver life and their passenger in danger by ruining your app and rolling out unfinished and untested product.

driving312

Haha, weak argument grasping at straws.
Not even a good try.

If you feel your driving skills are not up to par please for Uber passengers safety (you care so much about) then you will not GO ONLINE.

You are too dangerous to be on the road and putting innocent lives at risk. :smiles:

DriveMeNot

Not even a good try.

If you feel your driving skills are not up to par please for Uber passengers safety (you care so much about) then you will not GO ONLINE.

You are too dangerous to be on the road and putting innocent lives at risk. :smiles:
It seems to me like you are a slow person to understand what I just wrote. This has nothing to do with skills. It has to do with you driving to a new location that you have no clue where is it unless you follow the GPS. Since you do not have the directions on the GPS and potentially your route will be redirected while you are driving with no GPS, then that's dangerous. This is how the new UBERPOOL behaves. You only will depend on the small map. In fact I'm not driving until Uber fixes this issue. You might be ignorant about what is going on because you probably haven't gotten this update yet that will auto accept pools so stop judging.

DriveMeNot

Nothing to do with driver skill and everything to do with driver skill.
Yes, good argument. :smiles:
Let me put it for you in away that you can understand it better.

Before, it used to be like when you get a new pool request, you can click on navigate and then it will take you to google map or waze (whatever you made default) and you drive there based on hearing directions. After the update, when you get a second request, the waze or google map does not get updated or it doesn't even show. Also the navigate button is not there. You are under the mercy of following the map that shows on the app.

Did you understand or should I simplify it more for you?

UberTrucker

It seems to me like you are a slow person to understand what I just wrote. This has nothing to do with skills. It has to do with you driving to a new location that you have no clue where is it unless you follow the GPS. Since you do not have the directions on the GPS and potentially your route will be redirected while you are driving with no GPS, then that's dangerous. This is how the new UBERPOOL behaves. You only will depend on the small map. In fact I'm not driving until Uber fixes this issue. You might be ignorant about what is going on because you probably haven't gotten this update yet that will auto accept pools so stop judging.
I think your the slow one here if you can't navigate while driving. I bet you look for Pokemon while driving and your ok with that. Don't cry over spilled milk buddy

Last edited:

Tommy San

Not even a good try.

I actually agree with driving 312 in regards to the argument presented by DriveMeNot. The argument makes the assumption that the Uber navigation is "unsafe," which is a weak argument because lots of drivers use it, including myself for short trips. The argument DriveMeNot should have made is that driving Pool just plain sucks. There are lots of reasons Pool sucks, but having to use the Uber navigation is not the best reason. How about the fact that, contrary what driving312 might say, Pool pays LESS than UberX, however nominally; Or, the fact that Pool pax are LESS likely to tip; Picking up extra pax on Pool takes MORE time, and, combined with the fact it pays less per minute, you are wasting time and not making money on Pool (unless using it for a guarantee of some sort.)

seanD

Are you kidding me? First, everyone complains about having to accept the secondary requests, so Uber fixes it. And what does that get? More @@@@ing whining! Like 312 said, if you lack the ability to navigate and drive please do us all a favor and find a new line of work.

mikes424

Are you kidding me? First, everyone complains about having to accept the secondary requests, so Uber fixes it. And what does that get? More &%[email protected]!*ing whining! Like 312 said, if you lack the ability to navigate and drive please do us all a favor and find a new line of work.

I think that most drivers want to option whether or not to accept secondary requests. Putting it bluntly, there are times when it is not safe or practical to accept the secondary requests.

Adieu

The zoom levels and fine print on the google-derived maps both U & L use is seriously inadequate

Inapp navi needs turn arrows

pizza guy

Not even a good try.

The biggest obstacle faced Uber drivers is one cab drivers don't have. While cab drivers focus on one small area, being it downtown or certain suburbs and know those areas really well and don't need gps, Uber drivers end up in unfamiliar areas on a daily basis. While most drivers are responsible and focus on areas they know economics and pool force them to drive in areas they are unfamiliar with.

Blackhawks3

The Uber navigation system pops up when the first pool request comes in, it doesn't stay in the overview mode. Although the Uber GPS isn't as good as the others, it is good enough to get by. The Uber GPS automatically updates when a new ping comes in. You have to use the Uber GPS system during pool trips, and that eliminates the process of hitting the navigate button when a new ping comes in. This is a much safer system than having to tap the app two or three times to accept another request.

If you want to stop picking up additional requests, after picking up a rider, use the new feature that allows you to stop taking new requests and you won't receive any more.

One thing that is bugging me is that the Uber GPS goes on mute whenever I pick up a pax.

I still hate the pool option, but I have to take them this week to ensure I get to the 35 ride bonus and I take them all when I am on hourly guarantee. This new feature is great when on the hourly guarantee.

redbrafou4

I agree with you. I was on the eway all the way on the left hand side it literally rerouted me I had to hurry up and go all the way to the right to get off the eway. I liked how it was before the updated. Like u said not everybody use the uber gps

mikes424

According to the questionaire/survey that was sent ot hints there is a way to cancel the second request when you get one. Is that true, and if so, how?

Nomadwolf

I agree with you. I was on the eway all the way on the left hand side it literally rerouted me I had to hurry up and go all the way to the right to get off the eway. I liked how it was before the updated. Like u said not everybody use the uber gps

If I can't make the turn it requests, I just go through the intersection and try to make the turn at the next one... the GPS will update.
Of course, sometimes the next one is far away, especially if you're on the expressway... If I'm on the highway for destination filter or pool, I stay toward the middle or right lanes if practical for exactly this reason...

Fuzzyelvis

What happens if you just pretend you didn't notice and keep driving to the drop off point for the pax you already have?

We don't have pool where I am (yet) but I don't use gps very often, so I have no reason to be watching my phone. I only mount it on the vent if it gets hot. I gave car nav if I want to use gps, and I prefer it to the phone.