Uber Pool and Tons of Traffic

TerBar111

As a new driver in Los Angeles, I find that I am really making nothing per hour when we are stuck in traffic for two hours and I only get paid $14. There has to be something done to have the ride calculated more for the amount of time it takes us to get from Point A to Point B in rush hour Los Angeles traffic. I am making below minimum wage this way.

Same with Uber Pool. I drive three people for 1.5 hours to all of their destinations and still make less than $15.

It's kind of ridiculous.

It costs me more on wear and tear on my car and gas then what I make.

Reactions: qaz

TerBar111

The only good thing about the pool is it can get me three rides together that count towards my promotional rides for extra money. That is why I do pools.

SorryBluetoothOnly

The only good thing about the pool is it can get me three rides together that count towards my promotional rides for extra money. That is why I do pools.

Sure, but it also allows Uber to direct you to pickups that are in the direction THEY want you to go (hint: away from your long haul freeway), which exacerbates your rush hour for peanuts issue.

How much is your quest? Is it worth all the hours making minimum wage?

Finally, what you are discovering is that as traffic increases, so must your standard for what a fair surge rate increase. I won't even think about accepting a ping during rush hour in LA core unless it's at least 2x, and even that makes my skin crawl. Sometimes it's okay to not drive.

Sluber

As a new driver in Los Angeles, I find that I am really making nothing per hour when we are stuck in traffic for two hours and I only get paid $14. There has to be something done to have the ride calculated more for the amount of time it takes us to get from Point A to Point B in rush hour Los Angeles traffic. I am making below minimum wage this way.

Same with Uber Pool. I drive three people for 1.5 hours to all of their destinations and still make less than $15.

It's kind of ridiculous.

Welcome to the party pal.....

Wish you would come around more nostrils (love when you show up)
Nostrils is busy gearing up for another winter honeyhole season in the mountains...

Rideshare123

It's kind of ridiculous.

How many times did the experts here have warned you newbbies.

Here is the truth:

Uber math is different than ordinary math. Uber differential equation devried from ants who have given up their xyz, time, money and car. In this sense, working hard for Uber will make you less money.

On the other hand, ordinary math said the more you work the more you make.

Uber is the enemy of ordinary math.