• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber pool and insurance

Kunta kinte

have friend doing uber, he was doing a pool job and got hit from side, insurance says it knock for knock? All 3 riders suing him . Insurance company are saying that he's only insured for 1st customer not other 2 as theynot covered private hire as its sharing car. He's having bad time and can't afford lawyer is this right?
I've told him to go to citizen advice.

-JR-

NEVER accept UberPoop!

Let all requests time out.

Ignore subsequent empty threats.

EVENTUALLY you'll be removed from UberPoop.

This will be evidenced by your car disappearing from the rider app when UberPoop is selected.

It may take a few months but hang in there.

sinbad 1

have friend doing uber, he was doing a pool job and got hit from side, insurance says it knock for knock? All 3 riders suing him . Insurance company are saying that he's only insured for 1st customer not other 2 as theynot covered private hire as its sharing car. He's having bad time and can't afford lawyer is this right?
ask Ben

eric_london

NEVER accept UberPoop!

Let all requests time out.

Ignore subsequent empty threats.

EVENTUALLY you'll be removed from UberPoop.

This will be evidenced by your car disappearing from the rider app when UberPoop is selected.

It may take a few months but hang in there.
I and couple of other friends refused all pool jobs by letting them timeout! Do not accept even one of them be very careful about a month and they will remove you from the poop job! One of the guy accepted pool job accidentally 3 times and cancelled it straight away so they didn't removed him. We hv sent them an email regards to pool jobs and insurance is void in an accident. We didn't get reply to it but they removed him after that email! So text messages that says low acceptance and deactivate threads are all rubbish. DONT DO POOL!

Kunta kinte

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello All. Well my friend got sued by 2 of them and he's insurance didn't pay out he has took it up with the ombudsman as he trying to not pay he won't tell me how much got me was Uber supplied riders lawyers his the details and it went against him as he was speeding . He said Uber said he was doing 40 in 30 so they keeping eye on your speed . How do they do it.

Andy1111111111

Hello All. Well my friend got sued by 2 of them and he's insurance didn't pay out he has took it up with the ombudsman as he trying to not pay he won't tell me how much got me was Uber supplied riders lawyers his the details and it went against him as he was speeding . He said Uber said he was doing 40 in 30 so they keeping eye on your speed . How do they do it.
It's called GPS...

Syloti_ba

I hope he made his millions by doing pool now he can pay off lol

When u say how they do it= you are just learning to walk!
1 App=???

Anon2014

As far as I know, 3rd party are always covered by insurance irrespective of number of pax (as long as they are not about permitted numbers) and/or other vehicles involved.

As usual, I could be wrong.