Uber pool 50% off

Sure

My acceptance rating is at 51% due to all the pool. It's awful how many I'm getting.

now I know what was going on this morning I let about 10 pools ping out.Then got the ominous text and email about my poor acceptance rate.Has anyone been deactivated for their acceptance rate?

Sure

now I know what was going on this morning I let about 10 pools ping out.Then got the ominous text and email about my poor acceptance rate.Has anyone been deactivated for their acceptance rate?
I don't know, but Uber let us know that we weren't supposed to be deactivated for low acceptance, but this is Uber, who knows.

Scurvy

Stopped accepting Poo. Got a ..."Come on guy...not accepting requests makes us look bad" text. No threat, yet.

Mindozas

I deactivated Uber myself. Not driving second week straight. Just started a new job which got no expenses nor dead miles, though still may sit on my butt lol Will see if Uber tries to get me back on the road.

75drive

so I got a passenger app notification that I qualify for this awesome offer. Oh man.... I can only imagine how many people got
It.

Welp I'll do like Dory

Just keep cancelling, just keep cancelling, just keep cancelling.
Don't cancel you'll get deactivated! Let the request time out!

zandor

I had a pax offer for 50% off X that expired last weekend. Maybe they noticed I've never used pool.

Friendly Jack

I haven't accepted any Pool requests for many weeks now and my driving time with Uber is so much more pleasant. To date I have received 9 "nasty gram" emails warning me about acceptance rate but no other action by Uber, probably because my UberX acceptance rate is very near 100%.

Others on this forum have said that it is impossible for Pool deniers to influence Uber's continued offering of the Pool product, but I'm not so sure. I believe that it is costing Uber quite a bit in guarantee money to keep drivers continuing to accept Pool requests (due to % acceptance requirements on guarantees) and this to some degree must be offsetting the extreme profits Uber makes from Pool (by screwing drivers). All it would take is for every driver to ignore Pool requests for a week or two and then everyone would be making more! Right? We all know that Uber lies when they say that drivers make more doing Pool.

ChiGal

I haven't accepted any Pool requests for many weeks now and my driving time with Uber is so much more pleasant. To date I have received 9 "nasty gram" emails warning me about acceptance rate but no other action by Uber, probably because my UberX acceptance rate is very near 100%.

Others on this forum have said that it is impossible for Pool deniers to influence Uber's continued offering of the Pool product, but I'm not so sure. I believe that it is costing Uber quite a bit in guarantee money to keep drivers continuing to accept Pool requests (due to % acceptance requirements on guarantees) and this to some degree must be offsetting the extreme profits Uber makes from Pool (by screwing drivers). All it would take is for every driver to ignore Pool requests for a week or two and then everyone would be making more! Right? We all know that Uber lies when they say that drivers make more doing Pool.
Drove Uber today for the boost and got back to back pool requests. I ignored each and every last one of them. I refuse to take them.

On the bright side, I picked up a Pax from downtown that had to be in Palentine by a certain time and I got that plus the boost because some wonderful uber driver drove in the opposite direction for thirty minutes on the Pax's first pool request.

(Tips my hat off to that driver)

I asked the Pax why they waited so long. They said the driver kept telling them he was stuck in traffic but was on the way. LOL

Sure

I don't know. I have been told of other drivers just driving in these wrong direction to get the customer to cancel. I haven't tried it myself, but I don't know if I could do it. Just feels wrong to me.

Has anyone else tried this?

ChiGal

I don't know. I have been told of other drivers just driving in these wrong direction to get the customer to cancel. I haven't tried it myself, but I don't know if I could do it. Just feels wrong to me.

I haven't tried it because I rather ignore the request than drive in the opposite direction, but that's the second pax that told me that happened.

The other one was at ohare (Lyft was too slow for me to wait there) and the pax was almost late to a dinner meeting which forced them to uberx to the hotel, I waited 10 mins for them to check in, leave their bags, and took them to the resturaunt . She was nice so I felt bad for her, which is why I waited the 10 minutes.

That pax said she'd been waiting close to an hour. She said the driver wasn't answering after the first call in which he said he didn't speak English. I suspect that he was just upset it was a pool at the airport.

I understand it though. I would be upset to sit at ohare 30 mins for a pool ride. That's why I just don't accept them at all.

Last edited:

Sure

I was waiting in the queue at O'Hare the other day, something I absolutely hate to do, got an X request, accepted it and the request timed out, left me in the top of the queue. Got another X that I accepted and another request timeout. Right after I got a pool request that I accepted by mistake because I was repositioning my phone for better reception. Of course that request went through, I cancelled the request and went back into the queue for 15-25 mins. I was so pissed. Waited the time and got another X request that I accepted and the request timed out again! Top of queue, pool! Let it go this time, I wasn't about to take another chance. Went again to the middle if the queue. I was ready to throw my phone into the field. Waited over an hour, got another X request, accepted it again, the request went through and the stupid passenger was going to the Renaissance hotel off Cumberland.

I logged off, went home. I know I have said this before, but this time for certain, I will never, ever, ever again wait at O'Hare. Lesson learned.

ChiGal

You can always go to the pick up and follow all the airport rules such as getting in an orderly line and let that 2 mins expire. It's not your fault if the pax isn't prepared to be picked up, not paying attention, they don't follow the app directions, they don't ask questions, or airport personnel have misdirected them to arrivals instead of departures. Collect your fee and wait THERE (so the queue doesn't reset) a couple of mins for an x request to come in.

And you're not breaking any uber rules by doing that. If they want you to wait like an x ride, they need to pay for one.

awins

Sometimes I drive in the correct direction and they cancel.

awins

The pax app has a deal from Midway going on for pool rides to downtown/Evanston 15 max fare.

Sure

The pax app has a deal from Midway going on for pool rides to downtown/Evanston 15 max fare.
That's a hell of a deal, but I would never take a pool from either airport. Those people will be waiting on a driver for a long time.

Sure

Already hated waiting at the airports, this is just one more reason not to do so.