Uber played us this weekend

Mrcarrollton

This event is mainly tourist who all stay within walking distance of the dome and convention center. Most are walking in groups. Uber management knew this but over hyped the event to cover their ass just in case. That's why there was never any guarantees. Now tonite they throw up fake surge to comfort drivers. But surge with no demand is useless.

I was thinking the same thing, because I knew from last year. Most of the riders stayed with the dome and could of walk if they weren't lazy. The entire weekend was bogus!!!!!

Tam Ngo

Saturday night suppose to be the busy. I was downtown from 5pm to 5am and only made $115 minus food gas and expense . All this dam $3 and $5 trips and stuck in traffic

potato_muncher

This event is mainly tourist who all stay within walking distance of the dome and convention center.
The exact reason why I didn't drive over the weekend. Essence is a good sized event, but not enough to make a solid buck off of, especially with the amount of drivers available.

This event is mainly tourist who all stay within walking distance of the dome and convention center. Most are walking in groups. Uber management knew this but over hyped the event to cover their ass just in case. That's why there was never any guarantees. Now tonite they throw up fake surge to comfort drivers. But surge with no demand is useless.
Major let down. I am making little money driving for Uber. With gas and vehicle wear and tear, it kind of ridiculous. I enjoy the people and the system, but the pay is pathetic.