UBER PLATFORM: Why it's a great idea to always send thanks for a tip

Gby

Just pay attention to the screen. In CA, sending a thank you includes a claim that you support Prop 22...

This will probably be repeated any time Uber wishes, in any market they want to make a political statement in.
That mean bribery if they atash P22

Driving With A Purpose

Did this person offer compensation for the cigarettes?

No. I’m sure they were planning on paying for them though. If they REALLY wanted me to get them, they could have said “I’ll give you $50 for a pack of cigarettes.” I know that is an awful lot to ask, but if they really wanted them that badly, they’d have stepped up.

Volvonaut

$3 is the smallest number that moves me. I’ll send thanks for $3 and up since that’s the smallest value that genuinely puts a smile on my face. $2 is an okay acknowledgement, $1 is almost actually upsetting.

Coachman

$3 is the smallest number that moves me. I’ll send thanks for $3 and up since that’s the smallest value that genuinely puts a smile on my face. $2 is an okay acknowledgement, $1 is almost actually upsetting.
This.

If I got a thanks from a driver whom I had tipped $1, I would assume it was sent sarcastically.

_Tron_

I just took a ping to see how long we get, I didn't think we got that much time but it was 11 seconds! With 5 seconds you pretty much only have time to look at the amount being paid and no other info.

Some on this board have reported 30 sec. pings. Mine is literally 5 seconds. I timed it. Back in 2016 when I signed up (same locale) it was a 30 second ping.

ddelro219

This proves how observant I am. Didn’t even notice that subtle note about sending thanks and Supporting prop 22. Which I personally do but still, yet another sneaky practice courtesy of uber.
No wonder why uber’s polls shows so much support for the passing of prop 22.
Surely there are other drivers who didn’t see that and just sent thanks out of good manners. Surely there’s also a percentage of those that don’t want prop 22 to pass.

1rightwinger

I agree that it's the right thing to send a thank you for the tips. But here's a question: why doesn't Uber just automatically send a thank you? it's not like we get to write in a personalized note - they just send a message if we click the button. why don't they just do it automatically for anyone that tips?

Driving With A Purpose

I agree that it's the right thing to send a thank you for the tips. But here's a question: why doesn't Uber just automatically send a thank you? it's not like we get to write in a personalized note - they just send a message if we click the button. why don't they just do it automatically for anyone that tips?
I’m guessing drivers would think it is sneaky if they did it automatically.

1rightwinger

I’m guessing drivers would think it is sneaky if they did it automatically.
How would they know if driver clicked a button to post a thank you or if Uber did it auto? This technology company could program it to insert thank you note to pax at random times and they could program random thank you notes, right?

Last edited: