Uber Ping timing out quickly

DJD

My pings from Uber time out in 4 seconds vs. Lyft which gives you 15 seconds to determine if you would like to accept the ride. It seems Uber wants you to react and accept without any time to analyze the request. The 15 seconds Lyft gives you at least give you time to make a good decision. It seems that Uber used to give me 6 or 8 chimes.

Nu1

I had two or three recently. A bit suspicious, I hope it was pax who canceled. Lyft used to switch pax while on route for a pickup.

Illini

Have not yet had one time out on me. But then again, I usually respond within 5 seconds.

SatMan

uber gave you 15 seconds also.
Thank god I took speed reading classes when it was just starting out.

Paladin220

Speaking of pings - maybe someone can help me out with this one: I have a Samsung S9+ and when I get a ping if I am on the uber screen, it show everything fine, but if I have another screen in front it only shows the ping acceptance box on top of the other screen. It doesn't show the map - so I am blindly accepting based on the time/distance in the ping box without knowing where the ping is actually coming from. I already have the uber app set to display on top of others some I'm not sure is there is another settings I can change. Lyft on the other hand will show the complete screen on top when a ping comes through.

Any ideas?

Vladko

You can't use uber app if you switch off that bullsht feature. If you turn off on top showing before going online it asks to turn it on back.
To see the map you need to keep uber on the main screen all the time and lyft on the background. This is their lame aim.
But if i accept a "blind" ping and do nor like the pick up i just cancel right away. This game can be played by two.

Friendly Jack

Speaking of pings - maybe someone can help me out with this one: I have a Samsung S9+ and when I get a ping if I am on the uber screen, it show everything fine, but if I have another screen in front it only shows the ping acceptance box on top of the other screen. It doesn't show the map - so I am blindly accepting based on the time/distance in the ping box without knowing where the ping is actually coming from. I already have the uber app set to display on top of others some I'm not sure is there is another settings I can change. Lyft on the other hand will show the complete screen on top when a ping comes through.

Any ideas?
Same phone, same for me. I haven't found any way to expand the ping when the app was in the background.

karachi

It still does.
And I cancel every time. My luck and the switched over passenger might be the city's biggest scumbag with a 3.0 rating. No thanks, I need the proper info before letting you enter my car. Plus, at times it has been lyft line which I don't cover.

quesie

And I cancel every time. My luck and the switched over passenger might be the city's biggest scumbag with a 3.0 rating. No thanks, I need the proper info before letting you enter my car. Plus, at times it has been lyft line which I don't cover.
Me too! Either that or they replace a primetime lyft with a base rate shared.

Nu1

Today, I was online but I was using different app on the screen when trip was offered. I selected upper screen to accept it. When I got to uber app no trip......wtf, is this a hint to stay with uber app on the screen?
When trip is offered and I’m not with uber app on the screen my phone vibrates and display banner upper screen. I was parked and phone in my hands so I acted as fast as I could but the request wasn’t available anymore.
Silly uber, playing games now.

OP-Matt

Today, I was online but I was using different app on the screen when trip was offered. I selected upper screen to accept it. When I got to uber app no trip......wtf, is this a hint to stay with uber app on the screen?
When trip is offered and I’m not with uber app on the screen my phone vibrates and display banner upper screen. I was parked and phone in my hands so I acted as fast as I could but the request wasn’t available anymore.
Silly uber, playing games now.
My iphone is old and slow. I can’t really do other things on it between Uber trips as the phone can’t react fast enough to switch apps, and allow me to touch accept before the timeout. Trying sometimes to run lyft in the background with Uber primary as lyft has much longer timeout. I know best solution is a second phone, but I haven’t got that setup well yet either.