Uber pick up illegal

ChevyVolt

I never wait at any airport, but I picked up at MIA yesterday, with no problem. Of course, I didn't put up the Uber sign. that seems like sheer stupidity to me. Let them think that I'm picking up a relative or friend...

ChevyVolt

Golferma1231169 said:
Don't kid yourself. It's extremely easy for them to detect an Uber pick up. Then your fine would be higher if not di thanks for the fast replysplaying the trade dress.
thanks for the fast reply! I didn't think of that, and it definitely encourages me to stay away from the airport even more

phuseche

This morning at the entrance to MIA arrivals (D-1), there were a few officers pulling cars to the side and talking to the drivers. I have no clue what they were asking/checking.

djede

At MIA, the only thing that has been told to me when I do drop offs is to do curbside drop off. Especially at American Airlines.

djede

to be specific, they want right lane curbside. The area where American Airlines is has three Sections and all three sections have curbside. They want you to drop off on the section closest to the building. The Center section Curbside is for regular passenger vehicles (non Uber or Taxi) and buses.

hangarcat

Don't kid yourself. It's extremely easy for them to detect an Uber pick up. Then your fine would be higher if not displaying the trade dress.
GM you're more right than perhaps many drivers know. Life is soon to be much better at MIA for those with trade dress, mechanical inspection cert., etc. R.E.R. inspectors can and do communicate directly with Uber & Lyft asking delinquent drivers be suspended from the platform.

Maybe he meant you were not parked in the right place. Uber has been legal at MIA for months.
Go back to reality...Uber is ilegal for no pay Miami Dade Operation Licence and the Amount of $ 2 millions Dollars for tickets issued at Miami International Airport..
The office of Miami Dade Commissioner Esteban Bovo recommend don't dropp of or pick up at the Miami Airport..
But Lyft is Legal !!

hangarcat

Go back to reality...Uber is ilegal for no pay Miami Dade Operation Licence and the Amount of $ 2 millions Dollars for tickets issued at Miami International Airport..
The office of Miami Dade Commissioner Esteban Bovo recommend don't dropp of or pick up at the Miami Airport..
But Lyft is Legal !!
That's news to me, rsm, thanks for getting me up to speed.

EagleEye

But Lyft is Legal !!
Where did you find this info? Please attach a link.

EagleEye

This morning at the entrance to MIA arrivals (D-1), there were a few officers pulling cars to the side and talking to the drivers. I have no clue what they were asking/checking.
Maybe they've started checking inspection certificates.

Javierz0509

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well from what i been hearing its illegal to pick up, i heard it on a wassup group of 180 uber drivers here in miami.