Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber petition being questioned

4K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  babasanfur 
#1 · (Edited)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....sep/24/uber-popularity-petition-ryanair-staff

Oh dear people are not stupid enough to fall for a corparate produced petition this stinks of desperation exposed already..
Nothing against decent private hire drivers
But against uber and the crazies who support a company who wants to rip off drivers trick the public into believing it's cheap
Make no apologies for the attacks
And flood the market in a disgusting race to the bottom that all drivers will lose out on and line the pockets of the few and big banks why why why support this why

Engage brain they are going to lose tribunal case on Wednesday no doubt in another huge blow to uber its time to destroy this company in

#5 · (Edited)
You must be one of those cabies, who monopolise London taxi industry, fill London with noisy horn sound pollution and blackmailed Londoners when you took over London roads like alien invaders from outer space? today you have taken on Uber to harm the interests of millions of Londoners and cut the bread and butter of 40K+ London drivers. What are you going to do tomorrow? are you going to double your fares and force Londoners to cough it after killing Uber competition?

#11 ·
You must be one of those cabies, who monopolise London taxi industry, fill London with noisy horn sound pollution and blackmailed Londoners when you took over London roads like alien invaders from outer space? today you have taken on Uber to harm the interests of millions of Londoners and cut the bread and butter of 40K+ London drivers. What are you going to do tomorrow? are you going to double your fares and force Londoners to cough it after killing Uber competition?
Their next target is Addison Lee.

Nice try Sherlock

TFL set the fares and the vehicles that must be used for Taxi's - how misinformed are you exactly?
There's NOTHING stopping Taxi drivers negotiating a price lower than what the meter shows. ;)

#12 ·
Their next target is Addison Lee.

There's NOTHING stopping Taxi drivers negotiating a price lower than what the meter shows. ;)
Yes true
I would love to give 30% to all my customers
If I didn't pay tax
If didn't pay £45000 tx4 or the new tx5 £56000
If I didn't pay 4% cc machine
If didn't study hard for years
If i had bank account in Bermuda

List very long .......

We are self employed mean we have no holidays pay no sick pay we need to pay for pension

If the like cheap

It called public transport buses coach train DLR
Now they have night tube

#15 ·
More than you could imagine:)

That's well naughty, don't they ever learn?

Talking about Venture Capital funded, I had better check the list of holdings in my VCT
I'm pretty sure the VCT management weren't stupid enough to invest in Uber though - The VCT paid out 23% in dividend income so far in 2017

If they played a gamble with Uber, I'd more likely be sitting on a loss:D
Who is your VCT?

#29 ·
taken from another forum

Just picked up a solicitor. He's told me that uber are now acting illegally by emailing customers with links trying to get them to sign the petition. The email addresses that everyone provides is for digital receipts only therefore making it illegal by invading people's privacy with a punishment of up to 8% of all takings. To complain you need to go to
I.C.O. Org.uk
Just tried ringing LTDA to inform them but as I'm not a member they had zero interest. Also the solicitor who has received that email and has already contacted i.c.o

#30 ·
You're not very bright are you ? :D
If they're Ubers customer, what are the chances that they're gonna complain ? lol
Maybe the terms of the app includes promotional contact or they never opted out of promotional contact when they installed the app.
If they're not happy with being emailed by Uber, they can easily mark it as spam in 1 second.

#55 ·
You cannot get away with declaring silly low incomes because HMRC know precisely how much it costs to go to work plus all other household expenses.
Eventually you will get investigated and if found wanting, have to pay back taxes, a fine and big accountants fee.
No one gets rich driving a taxi, you can only do one job at a time. Just like PH.
The difference is taxis get a 2017 rate for the job they are doing.
PH do not because uber has driven their fares back 20+ years.

#63 ·
Do you know what blackmail is? Please explain how it happened in this context.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.