Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Perth driver partners: are you putting yourself at risk driving for uberX?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  WAKE UP AUSTRALIA 
#1 ·
Uber Perth driver partners: are you putting yourself at risk driving for uberX?

Uber Perth continues to recruit new drivers for its uberX service. These drivers deserve fair warning as to how Uber operates, and the realities of uberX driving.

I suggest prospective drivers browse each of the Australian cities in UberPeople.Net in order to gain insight into how Uber Australia operates. I also strongly recommend you read through the relevant postings in the Community, Garage, and Information sections of the forum. I believe you will find the News section particularly informative.

Other forum members might like to leave other useful links and news articles which more fully explain the nature of Uber and the realities of uberX driving.

Perhaps I might lead by example.

Here is a link to Uber's Transportation Provider Service Agreement. I strongly suggest that people interested in learning about Uber read through this document carefully.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voea7ngp2fyl5ed/Transportation%20Provider%20Service%20Agreement-4.pdf?dl=0

Paragraph 4 of the document states "You are an independent transportation provider who offers rideshare or P2P transportation services, which business you are authorized to conduct in the state(s) in which you operate."

As at today (September 21st, 2015), there is no state or territory in Australia where driving for uberX is a legal activity. Drivers on the system in Australia are operating an illegal taxi service. Illegal activities are not 'authorised', they are in fact prohibited.

This would seem to negate any contract that you have with Uber. If this is the case, are Uber in fact bound to honour any verbal promises made to you? Verbal reassurances from Uber Perth will count for little should any form of dispute arise.

Drivers, read your documentation. You are putting yourself at extreme risk, for little return. Review your Service Agreement, then seek legal advice. If you are unsure of anything, stop driving. The risks that you and all uberX drivers take are just too great. Do not trust Uber to provide you with accurate information.

I hope to update this post from time to time, informing people as to current state of play of uberX in Perth. I invite others to do the same. Many hands make light work.

Wake Up Australia.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.