• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber personal information update

Dekero

Except for the part where it specifically says they don't sell your information to 3rd parties. Like, literally says they don't so, yeah, you should read it more thoroughly.
Post automatically merged:

I like the fact that the change was made on the 12th ...
But doesn't go into effect until DECEMBER 12th.
Another example of people that don't read so well.
I like the fact that I already posted a DOH IM A DUMMY. Post for having missed this but yet still some bonehead who can't read THE ENTIRE post feels the need to chime in... Move along... Go sit on the shitter and read some more...this time for comprehension.

great info, never knew we could delete our account

i wonder if we can delete our account and re-sign up after 30 says and then opt-out of arbitration
I heard it's possible, even without waiting 30 days, as long as we have a different email or phone#, but I'm afraid to try it out. I was planning on doing it after the holiday rush in case anything screws up the process.

ABQuber

Uber realizes selling driver private information is their best source of income. Rideshare certainly isn’t.
RS is 80% of their income. EIGHTY PERCENT. That extra 20 is where they are pissing it all away and taking from us to fund. It’s just mind blowing.

Ozzyoz

What is the privacy they talk about? They test out AI features on us for facial recognition by asking us to pull over and take front facing pic, and they sell the AI tech to other companies.

Tony73

Quiet frankly, Uber has demonstrated it over and over again that they’re shit and have no intentions of saving their reputation with either drivers or riders.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

View attachment 377942

You must not be able to read between the lines.
Or, and this might sound funny to you, I understand that their Privacy Policy constitutes a part of their Contract and as such there is no "between the lines" and everything they listed specifically excludes "Sell your data to third parties" and everything they listed is normal and kosher.
But, hey, maybe I don't see everything as conspiracy theories because I am sane or some such thing.

nonononodrivethru

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or, and this might sound funny to you, I understand that their Privacy Policy constitutes a part of their Contract and as such there is no "between the lines" and everything they listed specifically excludes "Sell your data to third parties" and everything they listed is normal and kosher.
But, hey, maybe I don't see everything as conspiracy theories because I am sane or some such thing.
What is a "third party"? They'll just call them business partners or strategy team analysts.

Coastal_Cruiser

We got the notice in California. I was too lazy to read if there is a specific inclusion as to sharing your last name with pax. To those who read it, is it in there (sorry if I missed that in scanning the comments)?

shangoes

Here is the entire notice: https://www.uber.com/global/en/privacy/notice/

It includes the following potentially useful opt-outs:

IV / D- Marketing opt-outs: Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Uber here https://www.uber.com/unsubscribe/

IV / E- User data requests: Uber provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Uber’s handling of their data. To make a request, please go here https://help.uber.com/riders/article/submit-inquiry-to-uber-data-protection-officer-dpo?nodeId=489292a2-27ce-42f5-9a47-d4dd017559fd&_ga=2.4762224.274906502.1573761557-709859608.1573761557
Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Uber may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
thanks for the links.