Uber Pays VS Rider Pays Fares

IRME4EVER

I know for a fact that Uber makes more than the drivers. Look at your cheap rides, we make 2.37 Uber makes 4.00+. Wake up!! We are getting sick and tired of being screwed over!! It's our cars, our rideshare insurance cost, our maintenance, our yearly tags. Most of all our car payments.

Ek3333

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know for a fact that Uber makes more than the drivers. Look at your cheap rides, we make 2.37 Uber makes 4.00+. Wake up!! We are getting sick and tired of being screwed over!! It's our cars, our rideshare insurance cost, our maintenance, our yearly tags. Most of all our car payments.
Our gas, our time

Amos69

Uber drivers needs union or something
No. RS drivers need to take a business management course. No Need for an MBA for this dreck just a solid understanding of Profit / Loss and Income vs cashflow.

Goober and Gryft took exactly 22.7% of my fares in 2019 and 24.1% in 2018. I fully understand how to affect my margins.

Nats121

No. RS drivers need to take a business management course. No Need for an MBA for this dreck just a solid understanding of Profit / Loss and Income vs cashflow.

Goober and Gryft took exactly 22.7% of my fares in 2019 and 24.1% in 2018. I fully understand how to affect my margins.

You longhaul the shit out of your rides, but every market is different.

Two drivers of equal ability and willingness to longhaul can have very different results due to differences in geography and clientele.

A market with lots of highways and transient populace will be much more conducive to longhauling than a market with fewer highways and a more stable populace.
Post automatically merged:

only one thing matters: did uber pay you what they last agreed to pay you for time, mileage and other? Because if they did, the only party that can complain is the paying customer.

EVERY worker "agrees" to the pay rates and working conditions of the job when they apply, even if they think the pay is too low and the conditions suck, but according to you, they should keep their mouths shut and never complain and demand better pay and working conditions because they "agreed" to those things when they took the job. Obviously that's nonsense, but not with Uber according to you.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

njn

some markets have caps during a state of the emergency. this could be illegal.

SHalester

Obviously that's nonsense, but not with Uber according to you.
excuse me? Try and keep to what is posted and don't invent words that weren't posted. My one and only point is every single driver agrees to the current agreement if they want to keep going online. Part of the agreement it is detailed what we will get paid. If you whine after the fact, then you have options. Quit or keep driving. But to whine and cry and have a tantrum because on some rides you feel Uber is making too much money, well that points to a complete misunderstanding of what was agreed to.
One party can complain and that is the paying customer who takes it up the wazu (sometimes). Drivers have options when they are THAT upset. Quit, vent here (which does zero good, but might make one feel happy) or move to another platform.

Yeah, all nonsense and nonsensical. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Opinions often are HERE. :confusion:

Nats121

The points in my previous post stand as written. I described your position accurately.

You've got a double-standard for which party is entitled to "whine" and which one isn't.

According to you, the pax is entitled to whine, not the driver, even though the pax has all the info (price and destination) needed UPFRONT to make an informed decision for whether or not the ride is a decent value. They can even compare prices between both companies before deciding. Yet in your mind, in spite of all that, the pax is entitled to complain about the price they "agreed" to.

Contrast that with the driver, who unlike the pax doesn't know the destination or the price upfront (except CA), does all the work, takes all the risk, and discovers afterwards they get less than half the fare. They of course are not entitled to complain because they "agreed" to Uber's terms which include being bent over a chair with no lube.

You only listed the driver as having "options" (quit if they don't like it), so I guess the poor helpless pax has no options but to "take it up the wazu".