1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER pay actually goes negative !!!

Discussion in 'Pay' started by uberparadise, Sep 11, 2015.

1. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    Oil changes , wear and tear , gas, insurance, car washes / detailing , Health care , tickets , time wasted waiting and going to pickup locations. My CPA Fell out of his chair and shouted "Are u nuts? " you made nothing the past 6 months. Unless you are trying to offset your income with loses, you better rethink this endevour. I said " I pick my own scedule, work when I want, and it's Life changing money". He showed me the numbers and they were all in red ink. This new share technology can leave you broke!

2. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    Did they ever say HOW the money would change your life? No?

Welcome to uber speak.

Huegow, AJUber, Instyle and 3 others like this.
  3. You have a CPA? Let's see the numbers.

mizzrock and PhoenicianBlind like this.
  4. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    It's negative ............ I had to walk out of the CPA 's office without paying him. He won't release my records til be gets $$$.

Uber-Doober, Huberis and mizzrock like this.
  5. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    So you went in broke and left broker?

AJUber, BostonBarry, Huberis and 2 others like this.
  6. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind

Driving:
    Lyft
    Now he's just a floating piece in the game of chess.
    And without his money.

A pawn broker

>.>

Trebor and mizzrock like this.
  7. SCdave

SCdave

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey, so where were you when Stephen Colbert needed a good staff writer when Travis K was on the Late Show last night?

8. Verdigo998

Verdigo998

I have a sister in law that is a CPA. Does all my stuff for Free. I still break her off a little bit of change. But the way she handles my deductions... I owe nothing. I file head of house, get the child tax creds for both my kids, and claim about 6k per year in deductions because I got my car with uber help. I'd say that's a win...

sidewazzz likes this.
  9. pizza guy

pizza guy

Driving:
    UberX
    CPA's are the new lawyer. They help write the laws that keep them in business and are totally out of touch with the real world.

mizzrock likes this.
  10. mizzrock

mizzrock

Driving:
    Lyft
    Gotta get me a CPA certification.

11. pizza guy

pizza guy

Driving:
    UberX
    Wouldn't be so quick. Law degrees are already as worthless as my psych degree and accounting degrees are the next bubble.
    The single biggest problem with rewriting the tax code is that the tens of thousands of lawyers and CPA's who would lose there jobs are not qualified for the hundreds of thousands of middle class jobs that result.

mizzrock likes this.
  12. Realityshark

Realityshark

You don't have a CPA?

JaxBeachDriver and Jedi Driver like this.
  13. mizzrock

mizzrock

Driving:
    Lyft
    I also feel business degrees/MBAs are going to burst. Everyone in San Francisco has a start up idea. Ugh it's disgusting.

JaxBeachDriver likes this.
  14. pizza guy

pizza guy

Driving:
    UberX
    Those are the worst. Out there they all rely on a MIT, Stanford, Cal, or U of I grads for the real tech ideas. Chicago is nothing but corporate headquarters staffed by MBA'sand CPA's.

mizzrock likes this.
  15. If you got your car with an UBER lease I don't think you need a CPA sister to come up with zero tax liability. The numbers will take care of themselves and then some.

YouWishYouKnewMe likes this.
  16. Verdigo998

Verdigo998

Naw. She just does my taxes for me. She knows all the loop holes and makes sure I never owe anything. Mind you she won't do it if it's not legit. So at least I know I'm covered. She also let me know what I need to keep as far as receipts and she had me set up a business bank account so that if I don't make enough money (hasn't happened yet) to cover my car note or whatever it doesn't fall on me. It's the business that takes the hit.

17. renbutler

renbutler

Driving:
    UberXL
    If you use the standard mileage deduction, indeed you will likely come up negative.

But for drivers with a smart business plan, you should easily be able to beat the SMD with real-world operation and run a profit.

You'll also be better off not getting tickets...

18. everestsdad

everestsdad

The smart business plan is not to drive for U. If all the energy folks were putting into driving for U was going into just about ANYTHING else would result in a better return. When are you people going to see the truth? U is nothing without the ones it treats like dirt. Just stop!!!! There is no hope for you if you do not help yourselves and driving for U is not helping yourself. Remember you lie to yourself more than anyone else in the world.

19. melxjr

melxjr

Uber sucks for some people, I'll agree.

20. Or simply put; you're paying UBER to drive for them :)