Uber pax tried to scam the wrong uber driver..

Gs7dayad

Got a ride in lancaster ca... was 10 miles 14 minutes away. But it was slow and I figured what the heck... picked pax up at the address in the app. Watched her walk out the door and kiss her boyfriend goodbye, saying I'll be back in a bit... I asked her her name, she confirmed it. I started trip and verified the drop off location, she said " yeah over by the metrolink in palmdale... so were drivingalong its early like 1ish am... and I asked if her name.was short for a longer name cause it showed *LAT* in the app. She answered that it was in fact short for latijera. Spelt like the street in la la tierra. I said that's cool. I love unique names and I started telling her about some of the coolest unique names I've came across drivin GB uber...5 hours after shes been dropped off I get a notification that my fare was adjusted to 0.00 because I took the wrong rider... I looked at what trip it was and recognized it immediately... what miss dumb dumb didnt know was that I have an amazingly good memory... so I called uber and told them detail by detail about the trip with miss lat... I asked the phone rep if her name was latijera? Because she said it was short for lat... he said yeah . I asked if I had taken the wrong pax. How would the person in the car with me not only know her entire name which is quite unique... and also thay the dropoff was by the meteolink... and if it wasnt her then how could I have guessed such a unique name... I could have guessed Latifah or latisha... but latijera is very unique and the probability of me guessing that is almost impossible... so they gave me my fare back and almost 2 dolars higher ththaththan what was taken away. And I will never get her as a rider again... down side is she still got the free ride cause I looked at fare details and she was charged 0.00 which seems unfair to me. She should not only have to pay fortheteip but a penalty as well...ha Ieven remember the white grocery store bag she was using as purse. The white flat type c charge cord she wanted to charge her phone with and the gold protective case on her samsung galaxy s9plus... the style of her hair and the hideous top she had on... like I said... amazing memory. I remember my first pax name and the fare amount... 8.26Charlie. although Charliewas a girl not a guy. Picked her up off east Ave j and dropped her off at the antelope GBalley college quartz hill campus... I'd like to see another one te that stunt on me again...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190423-094330_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-094330_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20190423-093914_Uber Driver.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-093914_Uber Driver.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 134

uberdriverfornow

it's funny how Uber seems to think that all a pax has to do is complain and instead of talking to the driver they just take away the fare

it's more likely Uber just randomly steals fares to see if the driver complains

if they do it enough across the nation they can save some serious dough

sd1303

it's funny how Uber seems to think that all a pax has to do is complain and instead of talking to the driver they just take away the fare

If the drop off location didn’t change, the assumption should be that the correct passenger was transported unless the customer can prove otherwise.

Refund the customer all you want, but don’t take money from the driver.

Christinebitg

so I called uber and told them detail by detail about the trip with miss lat... I asked the phone rep if her name was latijera?
What she doesn't know is that after one or two more instances, Uber will lock her out. Then she'll run the same scam on Lyft.

After Lyft locks her out, she'll try setting up a different account with a different credit card.

This is, of course, a person who will claim that the system is rigged against her. LOL

Ubergaldrivet

Amazing that people could care less about wasting our fuel and time. It's not likeit's important. Right!.
I was actually told that by a pax. What’s the big deal if the rider gets their ride for free? Because we do not receive the money for cancelled trips. So if you think I’m driving a perfect stranger for free, I will head in the opposite direction so you pay double to get back once I drop your ass off.

IR12

Got a ride in lancaster ca... was 10 miles 14 minutes away. But it was slow and I figured what the heck... picked pax up at the address in the app. Watched her walk out the door and kiss her boyfriend goodbye, saying I'll be back in a bit... I asked her her name, she confirmed it. I started trip and verified the drop off location, she said " yeah over by the metrolink in palmdale... so were drivingalong its early like 1ish am... and I asked if her name.was short for a longer name cause it showed *LAT* in the app. She answered that it was in fact short for latijera. Spelt like the street in la la tierra. I said that's cool. I love unique names and I started telling her about some of the coolest unique names I've came across drivin GB uber...5 hours after shes been dropped off I get a notification that my fare was adjusted to 0.00 because I took the wrong rider... I looked at what trip it was and recognized it immediately... what miss dumb dumb didnt know was that I have an amazingly good memory... so I called uber and told them detail by detail about the trip with miss lat... I asked the phone rep if her name was latijera? Because she said it was short for lat... he said yeah . I asked if I had taken the wrong pax. How would the person in the car with me not only know her entire name which is quite unique... and also thay the dropoff was by the meteolink... and if it wasnt her then how could I have guessed such a unique name... I could have guessed Latifah or latisha... but latijera is very unique and the probability of me guessing that is almost impossible... so they gave me my fare back and almost 2 dolars higher ththaththan what was taken away. And I will never get her as a rider again... down side is she still got the free ride cause I looked at fare details and she was charged 0.00 which seems unfair to me. She should not only have to pay fortheteip but a penalty as well...ha Ieven remember the white grocery store bag she was using as purse. The white flat type c charge cord she wanted to charge her phone with and the gold protective case on her samsung galaxy s9plus... the style of her hair and the hideous top she had on... like I said... amazing memory. I remember my first pax name and the fare amount... 8.26Charlie. although Charliewas a girl not a guy. Picked her up off east Ave j and dropped her off at the antelope GBalley college quartz hill campus... I'd like to see another one te that stunt on me again...
Glad it worked out for you.
I'd never consider a pickup 10 miles away though. Reminds me of when that was the norm as we had fewer drivers. People were happy to wait 18-20 min or longer.

Gs7dayad

what kind of name was that, some ghetto girl?
That was my impression of her. But I like to give people the benefit of ththe doubt
Post automatically merged:

I was doing the math the other day I have lost a little over 30 dollars in cancel fees I was due but denied anand fare adjustments which I had no say so in the matter. Now imagine how many hundreds of driversthis happens to... I'd guess that in the past 2 years uber hascheated drivers about 6 mil... give or take ... it doesnt seem like a lot compared to their supposed 100 bil valuation... but from down here it looks like a fortune
Post automatically merged:

I was doing the math the other day I have lost a little over 30 dollars in cancel fees I was due but denied anand fare adjustments which I had no say so in the matter. Now imagine how many hundreds of driversthis happens to... I'd guess that in the past 2 years uber hascheated drivers about 6 mil... give or take ... it doesnt seem like a lot compared to their supposed 100 bil valuation... but from down here it looks like a fortune
Glad it worked out for you.
I'd never consider a pickup 10 miles away though. Reminds me of when that was the norm as we had fewer drivers. People were happy to wait 18-20 min or longer.
Palmdale is relativelyslow. I dont usually stay close to home but wasnt feeling too goodto go down to LA

Last edited:

Alexxx_Uber

Glad that you refunded your fare.
I wish if you could share dashcam video on YouTube and alert other people/drivers about this thief scammer pax.
Also I wish if there was a way that we could report such cases to police. To me it looks like a pretty perfect act of robbery.

Gs7dayad

Looks like she was charged... took a few days but I'm glad it wasnt a free ride

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428-234759_Uber Driver.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-234759_Uber Driver.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 39

Signal Twenty

I’ve had plenty of riders use a friends account. Are we required to check photo ID? Nope. As long as the name and destination checks out, they’re gtg.