Uber pax can schedule a ride now

Euius

Worse. Uber will schedule you to arrive 15 minutes early and then not let you cancel as a no show

soupergloo

Then Uber can pay me as an employee. Why do they copy everything from Lyft? No brain of their own?
what's even worse is they copy Lyft, but can't seem to execute it like Lyft. everything they've rolled out recently has only been available to some partners and hasn't been functional. I've never had problems with Lyft's app and everything is always in real time with them - pay, acceptance rate, progress, etc.

idk why Uber has so much trouble with theirs.

Ignoranamous

what's even worse is they copy Lyft, but can't seem to execute it like Lyft. everything they've rolled out recently has only been available to some partners and hasn't been functional. I've never had problems with Lyft's app and everything is always in real time with them - pay, acceptance rate, progress, etc.

Probably the amount of people on the platform. It's like when people try to compare our problems in the US to a country in Europe with 10% of our population and say "See! Why aren't we doing this?"

manuella

Lyft might be efficient but it means nothing with all their anti driver shanenigans,2500$ deductible,guarantees that are harder now a free car that costs you money ? Deactivation a you can come back from I like lyft only cause Juno is t here yet but I'm at a point where I prefer uber to lyft

Silent_Philosodriver

Sure. Schedule a ride so I can get there at said time and decline the ride since its further than I will go.
Yep, I'd imagine some lucky Pax will get Euius and needs to go to OAK airport at 8pm on a Friday. That's story wont end happily.

Best they could do is pay at least a little bit of surge (1.5x+) for these scheduled rides, at least to ameliorate any potential declines. That way, Pax and driver will have a good experience.

RedoBeach

$70 billion Value Technology company.. But their "tech" is worth nothing. Agreed on all accounts... Lyft has their sh*t together app wise, Uber can't seem to figure it out even when already designed for them to steal.

Euius

Yep, I'd imagine some lucky Pax will get Euius and needs to go to OAK airport at 8pm on a Friday. That's story wont end happily.
Maybe if they're coming from SF, but whats the chance of that?

I don't even turn online in east bay without the destination filter. I do not accept the lower rates.

Best they could do is pay at least a little bit of surge (1.5x+) for these scheduled rides, at least to ameliorate any potential declines. That way, Pax and driver will have a good experience.
A 2x surge on a long trip with dead miles back is breaking even with a 1x fare staying close.