1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber partners with SocietyOne to deliver car loans to it's Drivers

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by chi1cabby, Dec 6, 2015.

1. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
  2. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
  3. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    everythingsuber likes this.
  5. This finance offer is interesting. One of the essential elements of a contract by my understanding is legality of object. The condition of this contact seems to be that you are driving for über which I think was proven to be illegal certainly in Victoria last week in the courts. As this finance contract involves you doing something that is illegal I'm not sure how enforceable it is should you choose to default on it.

Instyle likes this.
  6. The fubars at uBer probably don't care how legal it all is or if the borrower defaults, either. By then they have already factored the lease and income into their revs and multiplied it by 1,000,000 times and borrowed against it and spent the money on chicks and booze.

everythingsuber likes this.
  7. David Wang

David Wang

Has anyone used SocietyOne yet? Just curious.

8. MyRedUber

MyRedUber

And after you've financed your new car, will Uber guarantee you work, or might they still "deactivate" you, leaving you with the credit liability?

owjan likes this.
  9. I think über make it pretty clear they are a arms length from the finance providers. I imagine the likely outcome for anyone taking up the finance offers would be a good car for a couple of years then as the car becomes less reliable and a little worn the drivers rating will slide and he will be deactivated with a couple of years worth of payments still left to take care of. Starts well ends badly.

10. Tom2828

Tom2828

After you will get your care you'll become uber slave...

That's all what uber want

11. Debt propelled drivers.