Uber or Grab has more pings?

Johnkoh

Grab is better for now. The calls are like machine guns. You ignore one and the other will come within mins most of the time.

Moreover Grab allows you to see fare and destination, this part is the killer over Uber.

If Uber wants to fight back, it has to show drivers destination and fare. It has to give riders discount (not at the expense of drivers)

Many of my friends jumped to grab because of the visibility of destinations and fares.

Uber wise, one thing good is their boost and cash king has no ar or cr. (But dun abuse the system. )

That's my opinion la.

Yongan

Thx for your reply Most important is uber call continue? I drive for Grab now but Grab ban mi. I thinking of driving uber or go back taxi. Uber call is it non stop?

Johnkoh

Unless you are in city. If you are in hdb area, Uber can have dead zone. The time you drive is also a factor. One thing is nowadays, grab has more funny riders. Uber riders are now nicer imo.

But I always earn more with Uber than grab when Uber gives decent incentives.

I am doing 70% grab and 30% Uber usually.

If Uber shows destination and fare, I may switch to Uber more.

I guess you should give Uber a try. On the ground experience is more important than hearsay

Johnkoh

30 calls? Be ready to clock 15 hours then. Some times lesser hours sometime more.

And yes, it is possible. Provided you are in the right place at the right time.

Mars

Hi
Thinking of renting a car from LCR for work and earning extra cash.
As my old car usually for work expiring soon .
Need advise.

UnG

Thx for your reply Most important is uber call continue? I drive for Grab now but Grab ban mi. I thinking of driving uber or go back taxi. Uber call is it non stop?
why did u tio ban by Grab?

Hi
Thinking of renting a car from LCR for work and earning extra cash.
As my old car usually for work expiring soon .
Need advise.

it seems that u hv posted the same thing in a few threads... stick to the topic, if not, mod will come to ban u soon .. my Observation only :biggrin::biggrin:

Johnkoh

Taxi can also hit 30 jobs in 12 hours.
But to us numbers of job not important.
Taxi drivers especially those experience one, have a set of routines one. Some like to chiong airport. Some like Clark quay. If one is looking at driving as a career, one should still consider taxi. Taxi will never be taken over one. At least still autonomous car gets fully implemented.

And the fact that taxi can do streethail and their prices is more competitive at certain timing make it harder for uber and grab

Johnkoh

Taxi is taxi la. Is like those taxi drivers kanna ban by comfort then go other coy. But that depends on the nature of your ban. If your ban is because of sexual or assault then I think GG Liao.

Wee

Unless you are in city. If you are in hdb area, Uber can have dead zone. The time you drive is also a factor. One thing is nowadays, grab has more funny riders. Uber riders are now nicer imo.

But I always earn more with Uber than grab when Uber gives decent incentives.

I am doing 70% grab and 30% Uber usually.

If Uber shows destination and fare, I may switch to Uber more.

I guess you should give Uber a try. On the ground experience is more important than hearsay
Grab is catching up fast in CBD. Even more Ang Mo is using Grab promotion. Is Uber a sinking ship in Singapore?

Tuck fei

We are free lance driver. Why confine us to just one company.. be it U or G. Is always better to have options. If u are unlucky. Got funny rider go complain about u and u got ban. At least your livelihood won't be affected as u got option to change in a flip of an app.. we must think for ourselves..

Wee

Anyway be it Grab or Uber , refrain from signing long term contract as oil price is creeping up . When oil price was above $100 , my friend forfeited his deposit with CDG because it was not variable to carry on. Maybe bro Observe...has more info on this.

Attachments

• IMG_6670.jpg
    IMG_6670.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 62

Johnkoh

Grab is catching up fast in CBD. Even more Ang Mo is using Grab promotion. Is Uber a sinking ship in Singapore?

Grab customers loyalty program is doing very well and something that Uber has failed to recognize.

I think Uber is still in their lala land. They should actually see those drivers feedback and they should know.

If you use cheaprides app. You will notice Uberx price is now lower than grab. But somehow grab has more customers. Thus price is not a factor. The 'uber' brand did not sink well with riders and drivers.

But I will go support Uber tonight. These three nights I have been getting weird and cheapo riders. I felt nowadays those weird riders jump from Uber to grab to. And I cannot see if I am getting a weirdo as there are no customers ratings.

We are free lance driver. Why confine us to just one company.. be it U or G. Is always better to have options. If u are unlucky. Got funny rider go complain about u and u got ban. At least your livelihood won't be affected as u got option to change in a flip of an app.. we must think for ourselves..

I agree leh. If Uber leaves, that will be the end of us. Grab will remove all incentives.

Grab customers also like to go to grab Facebook to complain. So we better be careful. They will post screenshot big big and kpkb. Most common complain is those drivers who accept then dun want to cancel. Then drive away.