Inshur

Uber - one month - seeking alternative

andrim

Hey, guys!

I've done Uber for one month, but because I had to rent a car, and the insurance was really high for me (£512 monthly - 21 years old), I want to give up.

Now I am thinking to buy a cheap car, around £400-£600, and try Amazon Flex / Yodel / Hermes. Have you had any experience with this companies? Would you like to recommend other courier companies (car delivery only - for personal reasons I am not willing to ride a scooter or bike).

Thank you!

Robertino

I tried Amazon Flex - forget it! You will be running around like mad, not making all deliveries within time frame, earning peanuts, getting parking tickets, speaking to hopeless support girls who are foreign and speak crap English. I did it for two days, did not last longer - its shit. Any courier work will be like that.

Buy a car on finance, its 2-3 cheaper than renting. Even with shit credit history, you can get finance via Zuto.com

Insurance - go 3rd party, try Heaven insurance, pay monthly - its only a bit more expensive.

Don`t give up you dream of being Uber slave working for peanuts!!!!

andrim

I have a bad credit score, and if Zuto will accept me, I am sure they will charge me over £1500 for loan, which is not a good deal.

My insurance was from Heaven, they said it is higher due to my age and because I do not own my car.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Amazon Flex!

I am waiting for more suggestions. :smiles:

Robertino

Yes they will charge you more %, but you just pay it off as soon as possible with money earned on Uber, so in the end your % won`t be that bad. They do not charge anything from you, they get commission from lender. Zero cost to you, approved within 20 min, get your car within 24hrs.

Shane Sheikh

I have a bad credit score, and if Zuto will accept me, I am sure they will charge me over £1500 for loan, which is not a good deal.

My insurance was from Heaven, they said it is higher due to my age and because I do not own my car.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Amazon Flex!

I am waiting for more suggestions. :smiles:
Find Pco rentals on Gumtree who will include insurance for your age in rental price or check on drover

soTuga

Sometimes we got to accept that these types of delivery work is not for everyone (for many reasons). Try to find work that gives you holiday pay and a bit more security, next year at 22 try again in PH if that's what you really want.
Careful with easy finance comps, the small print is their big cash in.

andrim

To be honest, is not just about high costs. I am not happy with Uber because of the customers.

I used to work night shift, so I had to deal with a lot of drunk and stupid people. The most annoying experience was with a gay who tried to touch me and asked to show him my "treasure". :smiles:) Very unpleasant.

So I am not thinking to come back on Uber, not if I have another option.

soTuga, I have a job for 2 years almost, I am getting £9.75 as a cleaner, but I am looking for something more flexible because currently I am in the middle of an HND IT course and I am planning to take an English and programming course separately. I don't see myself as a PH driver in the future, I just need something flexible now.

Robertino

50% of Uber riders at night time are drunk, vomiting in cars is very common. Its part of the Uber driving experience :biggrin:

World's finest

Hey, guys!

I've done Uber for one month, but because I had to rent a car, and the insurance was really high for me (£512 monthly - 21 years old), I want to give up.

Now I am thinking to buy a cheap car, around £400-£600, and try Amazon Flex / Yodel / Hermes. Have you had any experience with this companies? Would you like to recommend other courier companies (car delivery only - for personal reasons I am not willing to ride a scooter or bike).

Thank you!
Search for a guy called U-bro on this forum. He's got vast 3 years experience with uber and now teaching newbies how to make, I will quote here "over 1000,- net per week" driving for uber.

Robertino

He has some experience. Over 8000 trips completed, rating of 4.9, dashboard full of compliments and positive comments. Knows London very well, knows areas, times, pax movements, surge areas, events etc. Makes way more than 1k per week himself, driving 45-60 hours a week at night. I know him personally.

And yes, if you take on board his advice, you will make that 1k a week.

I know not what I do

Hey, guys!

Thank you!
Omg the moral of the story is do your sums before you start.
You should have listened to people on here telling you the truth.
Never mind this will teach you that lesson.

He has some experience. Over 8000 trips completed, rating of 4.9, dashboard full of compliments and positive comments. Knows London very well, knows areas, times, pax movements, surge areas, events etc. Makes way more than 1k per week himself, driving 45-60 hours a week at night. I know him personally.

And yes, if you take on board his advice, you will make that 1k a week.
Yes and that rating is so relevant now good luck at dominos pizza.