Uber on Bluestacks... One for the programmers amongst us...

Wayne01

http://www.bluestacks.com/apps/transportation/uber-on-pc.html#gref

Blurb

When you need to find a ride quickly from home, there's no need to pull out your phone and open your Uber app. With the new BlueStacks 2 app, you can use Uber, and thousands of other Android apps, right on your computer or laptop. More than that, BlueStacks allows you the chance to use multiple apps at one time. So, now you can chat with friends on your favorite messenger program while grabbing a ride from the nearest Uber driver.

Experience matters, especially when we're talking about the lives and safety of you and your family. Uber has been helping users find safe and reliable rides for many years and knows how important that experience is. When you need a ride, make sure you are choosing the company that has provided years of safe and reliable service around the globe.

Wayne01

Android on my phone is really really slow to update the surge
Uber Driver on Blustacks is really quick to show the updates.
And to boot it shows it as a larger screen area... Way better
The Uber app shows the other cars in the area much better and you can pick the fake cars that uber is throwing in way more easily.
The uber app does close after 15 minutes at a guess if it is in the background and has to be restarted. Not a big problem

Wesky

Wayne,

Reading my mind.. I'm sick of taking the Uber phone out of the car.

Will this program allow me to leave the phone in the car and monitor requests via the PC?

Wayne01

Wayne,

Reading my mind.. I'm sick of taking the Uber phone out of the car.

Will this program allow me to leave the phone in the car and monitor requests via the PC?
As technically you cannot log on to uber driver. No. But you can do everything else in time like track surge. Also mock locations works a treat so you can move around and see where all the cars are including the fakes. Easier to spot the fakes on the larger PC screen. It seems the fakes only appear when there are more than 3 cars in a given area. Go figure. I am sure people have done more with bluestacks but I don't want to get kicked off. even between two phones I have not found a way of handing off a logged in session with a active job to another phone. My iPhone battery died mid job and you have to wait 5 minutes for it to get back to min charge before it will be boot. It was a long 5 minutes.

Wesky

Cheers. Would be nice if I could find a way to be away from the phone but know when a job goes off.

Out of interest, how do you spot a fake in the rider app?