Uber Offers Me a $3,781 Ride!

Fusion_LUser

I'm pretty sure I know the person who tried to get me to accept this ride...

IMG_8481.PNG

I was pretty much the only driver in a big area and I sitting at a 3.5x surge when I get a ride request 15 minutes away. For that rate I will usually take the ride but the pax cancelled before the 2 minute mark. OK. A couple minutes later I get a ping at 5.0x (Uber set that rate I was still at 3.5x) from the same pax! OK I get going again and this time the pax doesn't cancel until after 2 minutes and I get a $4.91 cancel fee. Well FU too!

A few minutes go by and once again the same pax requests a ride at 5.0x and I accept! We can play this game all night! The pax cancels before the 2 minute mark. Now its personal. Time to get petty!

This time I set my fare to 1.0x and I immediately get a ping from the same pax for the 4th time! Score for the pax they are getting the ride cheap! I drive toward the pax for about 13 minutes and when I got within a mile I cancelled the ride! A few minutes later while going back to 3.5x I get the $3,781 ride request to Mexico!

The name was different however it was one block away from the pax above so was it a bait & switch or the pax just messing with me??? I signed off and got a Rockstar at my usual haunt. The rest of the evening was uneventful...

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

That's pretty funny. When I get some one doing that, the third time I start the trip and then text them that I'm going to drive around and run up the fare until they cancel, that usually gets them to stop and gets you paid.

Fusion_LUser

Got a ping once (outside California) 2 minutes away, for a trip length of 6000+ minutes. It couldn't calculate the route, but the only possibility would have been over the Panama Canal and somewhere in South America.

Of course it was actually a 3 minute trip.

Next week we'll see some driver post about how he did a $4100 ride to Mexico...

That or we'll see some driver post about how he ended up in a Mexico prison while on a big buck ride to Mexico!

Fusion_LUser

So you drove 13 minutes for $0. Boy, you sure showed him!

😆🤣:roflmao:

Yeah I guess so. Then again its about 15 minutes between the two spots I like to work so no big deal. I mean its not like I was out in the middle of the night looking for that big score at 1.3x! What kind of loser does that?

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

Yeah I guess so. Then again its about 15 minutes between the two spots I like to work so no big deal. I mean its not like I was out in the middle of the night looking for that big score at 1.3x! What kind of loser does that?
Misquote/reading comprehension. What kind of loser doesn't know how to read a simple post? :roflmao: I was relaxing on my sofa with the app on while I did other things, not "out in the middle of the night" and certainly not driving 13 minutes toward a pax in order to prove a point that you didn't make - the pax would have simply just thought, "Wow, what an a******, this guy drives 13 minutes and then cancels at the last minute".

As far as your reading deficit goes, I still blame the education cuts. They have hobbled so many people.

Fusion_LUser

Misquote/reading comprehension.

There's no misquote or reading comprehension issues. Everyone has gotten used to the tool who says one thing then says "dur I didn't say that!" You know, like how you said you don't drive nights but turns not only did you lie about not driving nights you driving during the most desperate hours!

Have anything exciting to tell us about your adventures at 3:40AM looking for rides at 1.3x??? 😂 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:

BIGSHOW

I'm pretty sure I know the person who tried to get me to accept this ride...

View attachment 514759

I was pretty much the only driver in a big area and I sitting at a 3.5x surge when I get a ride request 15 minutes away. For that rate I will usually take the ride but the pax cancelled before the 2 minute mark. OK. A couple minutes later I get a ping at 5.0x (Uber set that rate I was still at 3.5x) from the same pax! OK I get going again and this time the pax doesn't cancel until after 2 minutes and I get a $4.91 cancel fee. Well FU too!

A few minutes go by and once again the same pax requests a ride at 5.0x and I accept! We can play this game all night! The pax cancels before the 2 minute mark. Now its personal. Time to get petty!

This time I set my fare to 1.0x and I immediately get a ping from the same pax for the 4th time! Score for the pax they are getting the ride cheap! I drive toward the pax for about 13 minutes and when I got within a mile I cancelled the ride! A few minutes later while going back to 3.5x I get the $3,781 ride request to Mexico!

The name was different however it was one block away from the pax above so was it a bait & switch or the pax just messing with me??? I signed off and got a Rockstar at my usual haunt. The rest of the evening was uneventful...
You know, you could have done it and had your car shipped back while you take a Greyhound dirt cheap. That or fly back and ship your car via shipping vessel to LA. There are services that will do this.