Uber, now openly watching driver driving habits.

Uber overstepping there bounds again?

• Total voters

Uber_nomad

Uber is now openly watching driver driving habits and giving ratings at random after trip completion.

See attachments for my rating popups from uber.

They state they are not holding it against us but im sure its a matter of time before they actually do.

Attachments

Tim In Cleveland

They need to just drop that crud. My area has freaking potholes that you might have to brake hard to avoid tire damage for and plenty of FAST CHANGING lights. No consideration of the environment will get factored in and the judgments will come from someone who has never driven for Uber. I went to a local Uber office and had some 20 year old chick tell me pax prefer drivers who dress formally (i.e. a tie). I used to do that and CLEARLY more pax hate that than like it.

kevink

Yes, got the first one of these pop up last night.

I think we're all intelligent enough to know that rough driving probably will not go over well with PAX. Stuff happens though - potholes, some idiot abruptly pulling out in front of you, having to hammer the gas a bit to safely merge onto a highway where people are doing near 80, etc.

Anyone know of any way to either opt out of this or at least change settings so that it doesn't pop-up in the app?

Uber_nomad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to a local Uber office and had some 20 year old chick tell me pax prefer drivers who dress formally (i.e. a tie). I used to do that and CLEARLY more pax hate that than like it.
I also used to do the same with dress casual and formal clothing and i use to hop out to open doors but i think since most other deivers did not do this. Passengers became uncomfortable with me opening there doors. Either that or they didnt want me to do it so they didnt feel guilty when they dont tip. Either way i dont do either anymore.

Uber_nomad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, got the first one of these pop up last night.

I think we're all intelligent enough to know that rough driving probably will not go over well with PAX. Stuff happens though - potholes, some idiot abruptly pulling out in front of you, having to hammer the gas a bit to safely merge onto a highway where people are doing near 80, etc.

Anyone know of any way to either opt out of this or at least change settings so that it doesn't pop-up in the app?
To my knowledge there is not because if you turn off your accelerometer if you have that function available. It will mess up your gps. And you wont gey accurate fare payouts as your ms ping will jump around and uber will be forced to give you minimum fares and etc.