Uber now forcing us to take additional pool trips

I was on a pool trip yesterday and out of no where another pool trip just popped right up not giving me a opportunity to deny it and then I get the email saying this is something new to help us , I call BS , automatically giving us another pool trip without letting us have a choice is not helping us .

chrisbk88

It's not a bad feature. Auto acceptance of pool rides will probably make the customers stop requesting pool if anything. Plus it's stupid to have to accept it on your phone while your driving.

Just don't do pool, simple. It's even MORE simple than it was before since they're doing boost instead of guarentees so you have no excuse for being forced to do pool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not a bad feature. Auto acceptance of pool rides will probably make the customers stop requesting pool if anything. Plus it's stupid to have to accept it on your phone while your driving.

Just don't do pool, simple. It's even MORE simple than it was before since they're doing boost instead of guarentees so you have no excuse for being forced to do pool
What comes behind not excepting pool is the deactivation notice , trust me I know the game .

UberServant

This happened to me last night also but it also happened on Uber X trips. I was extremely upset. I think I cancelled 5 trips altogether last night. As a driver I have the right to accept or refuse a trip which for the most part I decide on the length of time the rider is away from my location. Uber seems to forget, THIS IS MY CAR.

Sure

This happened to me last night also but it also happened on Uber X trips. I was extremely upset. I think I cancelled 5 trips altogether last night. As a driver I have the right to accept or refuse a trip which for the most part I decide on the length of time the rider is away from my location. Uber seems to forget, THIS IS MY CAR.
Those are stacked rides, but they are annoying, I don't know if it's pool or X until I look at the waybill. If it's pool... Cancel, if it's X, I normally take it if it's close.

AllenChicago

And if you read the official Agreement between Uber/Lyft and the Drivers, you'll see that not accepting rides is totally within your right. You don't need to explain WHY, and can't be terminated for doing so.

MD138

I was on a pool trip yesterday and out of no where another pool trip just popped right up not giving me a opportunity to deny it and then I get the email saying this is something new to help us , I call BS , automatically giving us another pool trip without letting us have a choice is not helping us .
Your own fault for accepting a POOL ride.

Actionjax

I can confirm. Auto accept is working on UberX. I am testing the system here in Toronto before the roll out. They had no plans on pushing Auto Accept on UberX and have stated that this is an unintended side effect. Auto Accept was only to be applied to pool. But I can see why they would push this across all platforms.

I can also see why this also has some negative effect on driver strategy.

Up here we find Pool can work very well under the right conditions. And it's profitable. (Not just surge either). But because of the flat rate on times you can get killed in rush hour traffic. Uber up here is topping up drivers who get in this situation automatically to ensure the trip pays at least what an X trip would.

mikes424

What happens if you don't show up at an auto accept?

In the last week, I received two pool pickup requests. One, I was on the tollway and one I was in a turn lane to get on the tollway and couldn't cut two lanes over. These were both not auto accept and I did not accept them. But if they were what could happeb.

Sure

What happens if you don't show up at an auto accept?

In the last week, I received two pool pickup requests. One, I was on the tollway and one I was in a turn lane to get on the tollway and couldn't cut two lanes over. These were both not auto accept and I did not accept them. But if they were what could happeb.

I was wondering that myself, if it's auto accepted while on a pool trip already, if the 1st address is already in Waze, and you continue on to your 1st drop off. The pax would see that you weren't coming to pick them up, they would cancel, but you could get in trouble for it. Uber would look unfavorable on that situation and I guess if there are too many, you would be deactivated.

Best way is to not pick up the 1st pool, unless it's for a guarantee.

pizza guy

Guarantee=100% pool acceptance
Other times=0% pool acceptance

I have no problem doing pool on hourly guarantees when I feel I am being treated right and they have purchased the right to give me pool, but it seemsthere are more and more reasons not to accept pool anymore without the proper incentives.