1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber not paying DNT toll around Lovefield?

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by ebrain, Nov 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ebrain

ebrain

I picked 3 pax back and forth from Lovefield to Galleria the other day. There is a toll in between (when you get on to DNT North from Mockingbird) but none of the fares reflected this toll. I think it is $0.38

So I got little concerned and started paying attention. Last night I passed through $1.43 toll going DNT South from Mockingbird to Oak Lawn/Lemmon and guess what .. Uber did not pay be that toll either. That is major toll how did Uber miss it?

I have started wondering if others are facing similar issues. Need to pay close attention to all tolls. Going to start tracking tolls now.

2. Adnek

Adnek

Ues it's a known issue. Keep track of your tolls and send toll charges to Uber to get reimbursed.

3. Waffles

Waffles

Slim Shady, Uber and Lyft is just as bad

4. Dallas007

Dallas007

Driving:
    UberXL
    The 'miss' 25% to 50% of mine; when i think its getting better... it doesn't last

5. Waffles

Waffles

My personal favorite is the route TO the pax, they route you through the toll roads all the time and then after pickup, the route avoids it like the plague.

Personally, they dont get an option. Its the most efficient way or they are welcome to call another driver. My car, my rules

6. apflores66

apflores66

How does it work with the upfront fares and tolls? Im assuming the fare includes the toll already and the cheap pax requesting no tolls doesnt save any money?

7. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles

Who knows/cares but regardless, ALWAYS get reimbursed for you tolls. I got back $36 last month alone.

8. apflores66

apflores66

Well I care because when the cheap ass pax says no tolls do I tell them you're paying the same whether I get on tollway or not?

9. SteveGo

SteveGo

They charge the PAX extra for tolls. If a toll gets missed, and you send them the correction, they bill the PAX additional. Every day I drive, I get fares adjusted for tolls.

10. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

With the upfront fares, pax paid all those tolls. And it's definitly on you if you let uber screw you for any of these tolls. It should be automatic to you to check after evey trip and email them. It shouldnt take more than 30 sec to do all that :)

11. Adnek

Adnek

I've been really bad at not comparing with my ntta account. I need to admit this. How far back can I go?

12. apflores66

apflores66

So how do you go about convincing the pax they already paid for tolls with upfront fare? They get their curry in a bunch when I get near that ramp so I stay off just to save my rating

13. Volvonaut

Volvonaut

I've actually never had a ping try to take me down a toll road. I'm using Waze to determine routes though. But I didn't even have to specify for it to avoid tolls. It can't be pure luck.

14. Cquebe3

Cquebe3

I've been told you can only get tolls if requested within 48 hours of the trip but I bet if you give them the ole "escalate to a manager" they would still do it, make sure to have a screen shot of the tolls in question for that trip

15. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

Uber already collected the toll fees up front..So if you dont collect that, it's not the passanger's fault and when you contact uber and if they give you hard time.. include the phrase " so do we need to start asking the passanger to pay for the tolls?" And that would be the last time asking you to send screen shots lol

16. SweetAMGUberLyft

SweetAMGUberLyft

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Well that wouldn't work for TEXPRESS tolls billed by NTTA because they take 3-4 days sometimes to show up on the NTTA account even using a TollTag (called both Texpress and NTTA my first time and they told me that). As long as you have screenshots of the exact ride, tolls, and receipt/screenshot of NTTA app of the charge, they'll pay it.

Cary Grant likes this.
  17. Dallas007

Dallas007

Driving:
    UberXL
    any time i've added the phrase... you have my route and the NTTA toll chart, please pay $x.yz they have paid (without any screen shots) worst case is to reply to the first 'rejection' from support.... please escalate (repeat the same phrase)... worked every time so far.

18. JohnShooter

JohnShooter

Driving:
    UberX
    For me Uber never picks up tolls on Dallas north for me, always have to do a toll adjustment. So far seems to pick up tolls on George bush but spend more time around downtown. I'm really surprised the app can not tell when you go though a toll gate, gps is pretty accurate now of days

19. MikeOver

MikeOver

Uber CS wants me to send them the trip number, rider name, pick up and drop off locations! Hell no, I'm not gonna do that for every fare review! I won! lol

20. Dallas007

Dallas007

Driving:
    UberXL
    Are u accessing help from the trip summary...if so they have all of that...just suggest they have the route data...'please escalate'