1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber not paying cleaning fees after sick passenger

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by marcineiro, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:39 AM.

1. marcineiro

marcineiro New Member

Last Saturday I picked up a drunk couple at a nightclub and the girl threw up everywhere in my car, and a lot got inside my door. I took pictures of the bodily fluids and reported to Uber for a cleaning fee. After receiving the pictures Uber agreed of charging the pax the $150 cleaning fee.

On the next day, I received a message stating that I received money as a payment and a fare would be adjusted. I asked for details (amount or which fare) and the customer service stated that they couldn`t share details.

Today I received my pay statement and the $150 cleaning fee was the only payment missing.

I believe that the passenger contacted Uber and reported that they gave me cash instead of paying through the app and now Uber won't pay the cleaning fee. Though, I never received any cash and I have to my car for detailing to end the smell.

Any tips on how should I proceed?

2. Yam Digger

Yam Digger Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Forget about online support. They’re useless. Go to the Greenlight Hub to sort it out.

49er, ryan137, Santa and 3 others like this.
  3. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Ya the passengers could have lied about paying you or if they paid you an amount less than what was owed to you I would say come clean and say the rider did pay you and tell them the amount.

If they just outright lied then tell them that. If you have dashcam footage be prepared to show it.

marcineiro likes this.
  4. marcineiro

marcineiro New Member

Thanks for the fast reply. On my way to the Greenlight Hub. Would you recommend any car wash for detailing?

5. marcineiro

marcineiro New Member

The only thing they provided was a $30 tip through Uber app. Unfortunately I still don't have a dashcam. I was waiting for a deal on Black Friday.

6. Darshit

Darshit Well-Known Member

This is outrages how they can remove the payment after the fact doing it under cover. I can only imagine how many inattentive drivers they screwed. Uber loves scamming it's drivers , another thing with trip pay where you see one amount , but in reality it is way less with all kinds of gst, tax and fees. Sick and tired of uberscams

choochoo2 and marcineiro like this.
  7. marcineiro

marcineiro New Member

Quick update guys:

I've just returned from Greenlight Hub in Mississauga. A greenlight customer service employee told me that the pax had agreed to pay $150 cleaning fee but deducted the $30 dollars tip which she had paid.

Though, the uber employee couldn`t tell why the $150 was not showing up on my payment statement. She said she couldn`t provide money, instant credit or anything guaranteeing that I'd get paid because she needed to report this to someone else, but I had to trust her word. And I should receive the credit in my uber account in the next few days.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:57 AM
    ryan137 likes this.
  8. Santa

Santa Well-Known Member

Don't wait for Black Friday. A lot of **** could happen between now and then.

9. Darshit

Did you make an angry face , hit table with a fist and stomp your feet? Because if you did , you'd already habe 150$ in your account

10. marcineiro

marcineiro New Member

No, I didn't. Probably I was too polite. Though, I was already late for an appointment and couldn't waste more time.

11. Andy911

Andy911 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That is bullsh@t bro,how they gonna take the tip back from you,tip money,is for good service and not slapping the sh@t out if them for making a mess, and cleaning fee are two different things.

LAS0023 likes this.
  12. Hameed

Hameed Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't know what people are saying I had a small issue last week and I submitted receupt of 450. They right away paid 250 as that was the max and rest they said uber insurance would pay. But uber insurance has 1000 deductible so I got jack ****. But I am happy that got 250 at least and fixed that **** myself lol

13. Thomas64

Thomas64 Active Member

I had issue to and they paid within 20 minutes last friday.no proplem here

14. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    So they tipped you to aide in the cleanup? Most pax won’t tip that high unless they are compensating for something.

15. Darshit

Cheap pax valued their puke at 30$ . They were probably really surprised when uber told them it's 5 times more.

16. Yam Digger

Yam Digger Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The only way I would have accepted that $30 is if they also went with me to an auto detailer and paid the tab to have the barf cleaned.

17. ryan137

ryan137 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It sounds like it was an in-app tip, so no way to really accept or reject. However if the passenger started talking about how they would provide an in-app tip after they puked in the car, I would tell them to please not bother and that Uber will be in touch with them.

Actionjax likes this.