Uber no longer showing pax rating on request screen?

Ivan809

Not sure if this is a glitch or not. It has happened on both of my first requests this morning. I didn't accept them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170902-100255.png
    Screenshot_20170902-100255.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 110

Canteev

That happened to me twice last night. However, I did end up seeing the ratings for the next couple of requests.

Jeff1205

This might be an Uber trick to hide very low rated pax
I would have thought the same thing but the girl I picked up was very polite and tipped in the app 2 bucks on a minimum fare.

From what I saw it's probably just a glitch.

MoreTips

Happened once today in Tampa area. Just a * , other rides were normal.

Last edited:

Canteev

At this point, I'm not sure how much ratings mean. I just picked up someone with a 4.9 rating who was awful to deal with. I am not buying the excuse, "it's the alcohol." This young lady and her uncle wanted to go to a police station to get a relative who had been arrested. First, she puts in the wrong address, and her uncle starts blaming me for going in the wrong direction. When I got to the correct location, I waited an extra 15-20 minutes for the uncle to get the person they needed to get. The young lady stayed in the car and was spewing nonsense--I'm thinking it was more than alcohol.

It was on a 2.1x boost, so I was a bit more lenient. Well, after I told her to go check inside to see if the uncle is coming out, she storms out of the car. It had already turned 2:00 AM, so the 2.1x boost was gone. There was a surge, but it didn't last. My reward for wasting 30 minutes and costing myself an extra 30-40 bucks was a ONE STAR. I ask myself how such a passenger could ever have a 4.9 rating. I've ignored requests from low-rated pax, but it's a crapshoot out there. Most of these people are only happy when things go their ways. 90% of them have no respect for drivers.

Ardery

I had it happen a couple times. Said Pax rating was 0.0

I can now say that was my lowest rated Pax yet. Lol
I saw that too. I think 0.0 probably means no ratings yet. they probably just created their account.

Happened like 3 times to me today again... Uber better not be toying with the idea of not showing us the pax rating...
Chicago doesn't show passenger ratings on pings.

At this point, I'm not sure how much ratings mean. I just picked up someone with a 4.9 rating who was awful to deal with. I am not buying the excuse, "it's the alcohol." This young lady and her uncle wanted to go to a police station to get a relative who had been arrested. First, she puts in the wrong address, and her uncle starts blaming me for going in the wrong direction. When I got to the correct location, I waited an extra 15-20 minutes for the uncle to get the person they needed to get. The young lady stayed in the car and was spewing nonsense--I'm thinking it was more than alcohol.

It was on a 2.1x boost, so I was a bit more lenient. Well, after I told her to go check inside to see if the uncle is coming out, she storms out of the car. It had already turned 2:00 AM, so the 2.1x boost was gone. There was a surge, but it didn't last. My reward for wasting 30 minutes and costing myself an extra 30-40 bucks was a ONE STAR. I ask myself how such a passenger could ever have a 4.9 rating. I've ignored requests from low-rated pax, but it's a crapshoot out there. Most of these people are only happy when things go their ways. 90% of them have no respect for drivers.
lol

you already said it from the beginning. they're picking up a relative who's in jail.

that says it all right there.

I got the 0.0 glitch last night too. She was definitely 5 stars in my book though. :cool:

View attachment 154285
im thinking 0.0 means a brand new passenger who just created an account?

SuzeCB

I saw that too. I think 0.0 probably means no ratings yet. they probably just created their account.

Chicago doesn't show passenger ratings on pings.

lol

you already said it from the beginning. they're picking up a relative who's in jail.

that says it all right there.

im thinking 0.0 means a brand new passenger who just created an account?
All Uber accounts, whether driver or passenger, start off as 5.0. It's all downhill from there. I think this 0.0 rating, or no rating at all, is just a glitch in the system. They messed with something and accidentally touched something else. It's a holiday weekend. What else is new?

Ardery

All Uber accounts, whether driver or passenger, start off as 5.0. It's all downhill from there. I think this 0.0 rating, or no rating at all, is just a glitch in the system. They messed with something and accidentally touched something else. It's a holiday weekend. What else is new?
kinda reminds me of Dean Wermer saying, "Blutarsky... ZERO POINT ZERO!"

ZeroCool0801

I haven't seen any 0.0 on a request. I've been noticing no value next to the star at all on a few trips. On others I see the rider's rating as normal.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

We have seen the 0.0 rating in NJ only but not NYC. I picked up four passengers who had the rating. I assumed they were new to Uber and it was a system glitch. There was no.problems with any of the passengers and when I asked them about their rating they all.confirmed that they were frequent Uber users. So, the mystery remains as to what the rating means.