Uber new Log in

FreDi Huguenin

95C56021-65E1-4C20-B5AD-E879FFD5C8FA.png

They are asking us to take a picture with a mask every time we try to log in. This is gonna be a pain when it gets busy.

RhodyBob

Here's what my email from the Uber mothership told me today (emphasis added):

"Before you go online, you must confirm that you’ve taken specific safety steps including verifying that you are wearing a face cover or a mask and sanitizing your vehicle. We’re asking all riders to follow a similar checklist before they can request a trip."

Drivers MUST.
Riders are ASKED.

Anyone surprised?

FreDi Huguenin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
50D7E30D-1238-488A-B08D-9E7DD68C1E2F.jpeg

It keeps showing this, every time I try to log in, prompting me to take a selfie with a mask.

RhodyBob

Every time you log in or every time you accept a ride? I just logged in to both and did not get what you show above.

If it's a selfie every time you accept a ride, that means, for me anyway, that I would have to pull my phone off the mount so as to position it where it can take an acceptable photo. For the "prove that you're not an imposter" pic that they ask for all the time, it can take several attempts before they get one they like. Add to that retake percentage the times it's going to reject the photo because the mask obscures your features.

Will the automated software be able to distinguish that it's a mask, and not a facecloth or pantie-hose? That the mask is of an acceptable quality, and is being worn properly?

I'm going to get "UBER SUCKS" embroidered on my mask so that my true feelings can be obvious. A mask would conceal my real opinion.

Will it be able to identify that it's really YOU behind the mask? Get some kind of puppet-head, put a mask on it, and take a picture of THAT whenever they want one with a mask.

And if you can cut-and-paste a photo from your gallery, may I suggest:
1590009805983.png

"No really. That's ME, keemo-sabe!"

FreDi Huguenin

I think this feature will probably be the future for the Uber app, as it would also prevent people from driving with another identity

RhodyBob

Haven't checked, but my guess is if you're doing food deliveries only you may not get this.
Actually, I I have Eats turned off, I don't do food deliveries. I'm in RI and maybe the new screen is not here yet? For anyone seeing this, is it only at LOGON or is it every time you accept a ride?

RhodyBob

But again... Is this for every ride or just once - each time you go online?

Yes, if you toggle between the the two apps, logging off of one when you take a ride from the other, that will be a problem, but at least, for me, it would just be annoying. You'd need a new selfie every time you LOGGED ON.

But if it's EVERY TIME YOU ACCEPT A RIDE? Book fifteen rides in a day, take fifteen pictures maybe all fifteen to the same company, probably by pulling your phone off a dashboard mount so that you can fit your melon in the little circle each time?

Not to mention the number of times the app does not like the photo you took and you need to retake it. With a mask, wanna bet that will be easier?

Anyone had more than a passing experience with this?

If it's every ride, well, just another little reason to make $600 a week look better and better. Thank you Mr. Trump. Can I send you a selfie - without a mask?

FreDi Huguenin

But again... Is this for every ride or just once - each time you go online?

Yes, if you toggle between the the two apps, logging off of one when you take a ride from the other, that will be a problem, but at least, for me, it would just be annoying. You'd need a new selfie every time you LOGGED ON.

But if it's EVERY TIME YOU ACCEPT A RIDE? Book fifteen rides in a day, take fifteen pictures maybe all fifteen to the same company, probably by pulling your phone off a dashboard mount so that you can fit your melon in the little circle each time?

Not to mention the number of times the app does not like the photo you took and you need to retake it. With a mask, wanna bet that will be easier?

Anyone had more than a passing experience with this?

If it's every ride, well, just another little reason to make $600 a week look better and better. Thank you Mr. Trump. Can I send you a selfie - without a mask?
It’s every time you go online. It’s a pain in the butt, it will be worse when uber gets busier.

South Shore Driver

I've been online a few times, with Delivery only checked. (UberX, etc. off). If doesn't ask me to take a selfie with a mask on. I have the latest version of Uber. Will find out for sure over the weeked, planning on making some deliveries then.

RhodyBob

Just logged on (both apps). Got the usual annoying "take a selfie to go online" request from Uber as I occasionally got in the past, did as it asked, and I got online without any mask business. I did get the usual "have you driven more than 12 hours" question that's the normal ask every time I log on, but no mask validation at all.

Maybe this routine has not made it down to RI?