• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER - New Jersey Certificate of Insurance

Shark11

Is there a link to print the New Jersey Certificate of Insurance? I see one on the Chicago thread....

Shark11

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get that but I would like to print it out and have it in my car as opposed to asking an office to look at my phone. The Chicago thread has a certificate in PDF. I will write to UBER and get one for NJ.

NJDriver

I posted that a while back just look for that thread. As for officers, been on 1500 rides and only stopped once. Issued ticket for obscure plates. Police stops are more of a messageboard legend than anything else. Everyone knows Uber has insurance.

Shark11

Really. I was taken out of my car in Manasquan on Thursday night and given a $70 ticket. I WAS DROPPING OFF. Ninja bike cops.
September 1 court appearance. UBER is helping. 4th time at Jersey Shore.

NJDriver

Sucks to be you. Ive driven all over that area and never had an issue. Maybe its your behavior or the way you operate which is causing this attention. When I got stopped at Newark I handled matters in such a way where I was let off with an obscure plates ticket.

Shark11

Yes, I have a really nice car and give my clients water and don't smell. Sucks to be me....

NJDriver

I have lived in NJ my entire life and there is a saying that you write your own ticket. Your appearance and attitude are what writes that ticket. I wasnt there but I know NJ cops give breaks and I was never pulled out of a car despite over 18 traffic stops in my life. If you were pulled out you gave them a reason.

zombieguy

I have lived in NJ my entire life and there is a saying that you write your own ticket. Your appearance and attitude are what writes that ticket. I wasnt there but I know NJ cops give breaks and I was never pulled out of a car despite over 18 traffic stops in my life. If you were pulled out you gave them a reason.
NJDriver, I know you have appointed yourself the guru of Uber with all your posts and directions of how to's and maybe you really are just trying to help other drivers but a lot of the time you come off as a condescending @@@@@@bag like you are the only 1 that has ever driven at the airport or the shore and anyone who has problems in those areas must be doing something wrong. I was out there and its a cat and mouse game with the cops at the shore. Its not for everyone and its not a board myth or scare tactics about the cops and the tickets in those areas. I have no problems ever talking to cops and know exactly how to handle myself. I stopped driving because I didn't like knowing I was doing something illegal that the cops were on the lookout for. I also drive a nice car, an XL that looks like a livery car and quite a few times I had pax ask me if they accidently ordered the wrong kind of car. Maybe you drive a borderline piece of shit that doesn't look like an Uber car and hey kudos to you for barely getting pulled over. You want to give your little advice and tips, that's fine but don't try to bury the truth about what's really going on out there and act like its all fine and dandy and the cops only give tickets to those that are asking for it. Its still illegal to pick up passengers for a fare in the state of NJ without the proper credentials any way you cut it.

Last edited:

atthehop

NJDriver, I know you have appointed yourself the guru of Uber with all your posts and directions of how to's and maybe you really are just trying to help other drivers but a lot of the time you come off as a condescending @@@@@@bag like you are the only 1 that has ever driven at the airport or the shore and anyone who has problems in those areas must be doing something wrong. I was out there and its a cat and mouse game with the cops at the shore. Its not for everyone and its not a board myth or scare tactics about the cops and the tickets in those areas. I have no problems ever talking to cops and know exactly how to handle myself. I stopped driving because I didn't like knowing I was doing something illegal that the cops were on the lookout for. I also drive a nice car, an XL that looks like a livery car and quite a few times I had pax ask me if they accidently ordered the wrong kind of car. Maybe you drive a borderline piece of shit that doesn't look like an Uber car and hey kudos to you for barely getting pulled over. You want to give your little advice and tips, that's fine but don't try to bury the truth about what's really going on out there and act like its all fine and dandy and the cops only give tickets to those that are asking for it. Its still illegal to pick up passengers for a fare in the state of NJ without the proper credentials any way you cut it.
He drank the Kool Aid and is still trying to sell more of it. My person al belief is Uber, LYFT, and others will be gone from NJ in no time. Laws are there to protect not only consumers but to stop those ripping them off.

NJDriver

Ill be honest. Im suspect here. You come aboard with all these tales of tickets and pulled out of the car. Post an invoice. You probably aint legit.

Dr_Son

Sucks to be you. Ive driven all over that area and never had an issue. Maybe its your behavior or the way you operate which is causing this attention. When I got stopped at Newark I handled matters in such a way where I was let off with an obscure plates ticket.
Does über recognize ubscure plates as being in the partnership with them, and reimburse you, as this is a let off easy ticket?

NJDriver

They have an entire legal department that is devoted to this issue and, yes, they do recognize this ticket. They paid my obscure license plates ticket.

Shark11

I got a call from UBER the next day after the ticket and the attorney representing me the following day.

As far as UBER/LFYT ripping people off you have got to be kidding me. I occasionally ask the ladies why they use UBER/LFYT down the shore. THE UNIVERSAL RESPONSE IS LOCAL CAB COMPANIES NEGOTIATE AT THE CURB AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM. Especially if they have been partying too much. Last Saturday night I picked a lady that was heavily intoxicated of of the curb at Jenkinson's in Point Beach 2:30 am. I called her on the request and asked her what she was wearing thankfully. I found her quickly. A local cabbie was trying to cajole her into his car, she refused and I honked the scumbag away. She passed out in the car, I drove her home and walked her to her door. She'll never know who I was but you can be damn sure she is thankful.