1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Needs Your Support

Discussion in 'Tampa' started by PowerTrip, Sep 8, 2015.

1. PowerTrip

PowerTrip

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Just in From Uber. Did you get an Email?

Hi Power Trip,
    Partners like you have provided the Tampa Bay community with access to safe, reliable transportation for over a year. The Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission, however, has continued with their effort to eliminate ridesharing as we know it and your opportunity to earn extra income providing this valuable service in the community.

We need your help to urge the PTC to adopt sensible, modern ridesharing legislation similar to the legislation adopted by more than 20 states and dozens of other counties and cities, like Tallahassee and Gainesville.

Join us at this Wednesday, September 9, to tell the PTC to stop their campaign against local entrepreneurs like you and support sensible regulations.

MEETING DETAILS
    Time:
    Wednesday, September 9, at 8:30am
    Location: County Commissioner’s Board Room | 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 2nd Floor (meet us right before security)
    Meet us: We will be on the second floor balcony wearing Uber t-shirts

Uber has presented the PTC with a set of rules that mirrors the modern ridesharing regulation that has been adopted across the country. If the PTC were to adopt these rule changes, this would be the solution for Uber and Hillsborough County to move forward. The ball is in the PTC’s court, so now is the time to make your voice heard.

Please also consider speaking at the hearing to tell the PTC about the valuable service you’re providing to the community and why it deserves a permanent place in Tampa Bay.

Uber on,
    Team Uber Tampa Bay

2. Snowtop

Snowtop

Driving:
    UberX
    Got mine. Not really interest in being of any help to Uber. I drive I get paid...end of story. Uber gets banned, I quit driving and find something else to do in my spare time.

iMakeTheMaps and PowerTrip like this.
  3. 724999

I saw recently that some fl cab companies are suing the dept of agric over uber phone app fares-that is good -this should get hashed out at state level-hopefully brandes can get ptc abolished-
    Vehicle inspection is just having a mechanic saying my car is ok- level 2 check-i already have a professional license- the insurance would be the big part if the state took this issue on- which they will have to eventually-
    To change the face of rideshare taxis -whatever u want to call it-
    The ptc has been de-balled by judge huey
    -