1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber needs to offer tips in the app

Discussion in 'Tips' started by tdoes, Dec 4, 2016.

1. tdoes

tdoes Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber needs to offer tips in the app. I've had a number of riders wishing for this option. I sent this request a few times to Uber support and never got any response back (I'm no longer surprised)!

We should call Uber out on this because riders like the cashless aspect of Uber rides so why should we have to rely on tips outside of the app? If Uber wants to retain great drivers they might want to consider this.

Note: Tip option without any Uber tax applied

2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

They will.
    Just as soon as they have Robot Cars !

Grahamcracker and I_Like_Spam like this.
  3. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

They will never add a tip app. Get a square reader so pax can tip you.

Grahamcracker and tohunt4me like this.
  4. tdoes

tdoes Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since I had some riders say they wish they could tip in the app I feel that Uber should look at it as a convenience for the rider which is good for the brand.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

The Self Drivers is definitely where they will pilot the idea of tipping on the app.

Adding an 18% gratuity (which the passenger will be able to override) could really increase their revenues.

tohunt4me likes this.

6. I_Like_Spam

Saying they wish they could tip, was just a way for a cheapskate to get the goodwill benefits out of tipping without actually ponying up.

A tipping option on the app would certainly increase tips from business people exponentially. These folks can deduct business related tips from their taxes, or get reimbursed for them by their employers. But they have to have documentation.

7. tdoes

tdoes Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep! The documentation would come from the app! Great point!

8. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you have Pax that are willing to tip with a Credit Card, get a square reader. It's free, attaches to your 3.5mm audio plug and takes 30 seconds to process any dollar amount tip as low as $1. They keep 3% transaction fee. I love my square reader. It doesn't make a ton of extra tips, but I get enough to justify having it.

Bingo, I only ride Uber for business and all uber expenses are reimbursed. Cash tips are not. That's why I started using Lyft on my last trip.

Note that Square will allow you to email or text a receipt to your pax if they want one.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. I_Like_Spam

I was speaking to a panhandler on Pittsburgh's Southside and suggested that bums like him should get square readers- the panhandling racket has taken a hit with a lot fewer people carrying cash

tohunt4me likes this.
  10. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Now that'd be something. "Spare some change? No change? I take Visa, Mastercard and Amex with Square!"

11. tdoes

tdoes Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have one but didn't think about bringing it along while Ubering!

12. yeahTHATuberGVL

yeahTHATuberGVL Active Member

Or VenMo

13. Slim Pete

Slim Pete Well-Known Member

I have been saying this again and again, Uber will never ever ever allow tipping in the app, SIMPLY because they cannot legally take a percentage cut out of the tip.

Uber couldn't care less if the drivers make even half of minimum wage sometimes, as long as they maximize their own revenues.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. JimS

JimS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That's a great idea. I wonder why 276,295 drivers haven't thought of that yet.

UberwithDan and tohunt4me like this.
  15. Geno71

Geno71 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure UberMan on youtube said he saw a statement from some executive from Uber saying that tips will never be an option in app, but that "they care about drivers" and were adding something great instead, I think they meant badges. Yep.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. BuckNaked2k

BuckNaked2k New Member

I would welcome tipping in the app. I never used to tip at Starbucks until they added it to the app. Give pax the option, even as low as a $1 option would be good.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. Mazda3

Mazda3 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are absolutely right. Now get back to driving.

18. liusigou

liusigou New Member

Strongly recommending the fuction of TIP. Sometime I provide a good service for example I waited for longer for infant to be on board and drove more slower, and passenger also want to thank you my driving. But they does not have cash. So tip function is import to us

tohunt4me likes this.
  19. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Exactly right. Uber will never offer a tipping option until they get all of it.

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. liusigou

liusigou New Member

Waiting for Lyft or Daowei.