Uber needs to increase milaeage rate ASAP

SilverToyota

Everything is driven by supply and demand. If enough drivers go offline in the wake of higher fuel prices, surge or an increase in rates will follow.
Many ants are innumerate and lack the mental capacity to determine the impact higher fuel costs have on their bottom line, hence we have an oversupply of drivers more that willing to drive for peanuts or a loss.

atthehop

Rates will not rise, as soon as fUBER raises rates PAX switch over to LYFT. No matter the price of gas its not in their best interest to piss off PAX.

Last edited:

UberPete1911

FedEx, UPS, DHL, all implemented a fuel surcharge on every package. You think Uber will do the same?! F to the A to the C to the K NO!
You're an "ant". Know your place, and STFU and drive. :-D

In other news, incoming Uber CEO, will have a $200 million payday, on top of the golden parachute corporate umbrella severance package. Stock option is also inlcuded.

SuzeCB

We were driving for Less when gas was higher than it is now. Then the prices dropped. Then Christie and Trenton added a tax and Uber responded by raising the rates to cover the tax. The tax is a semi-permanent issue, and Uber did respond to it. This increase is short-lived. It is because of what happened in Texas, and the oil is going to be the first thing that they get fixed and up and running again. That is the lifeblood of the entire area. The prices will come back down.

Cane

We were driving for Less when gas was higher than it is now. Then the prices dropped. Then Christie and Trenton added a tax and Uber responded by raising the rates to cover the tax. The tax is a semi-permanent issue, and Uber did respond to it. This increase is short-lived. It is because of what happened in Texas, and the oil is going to be the first thing that they get fixed and up and running again. That is the lifeblood of the entire area. The prices will come back down.

I understand it will go down. However, it's higher right now and not by a little bit either. While temporary it still results in less profits for us. Therefore, they should incorporate a temporary surge or if they don't to piss off paxs give us slightly better boost as to not piss us off.

My point is they don't care about pissing off their customers but have no problem pissing off their employees (drivers). They really are nothing without its drivers.

SuzeCB

I understand it will go down. However, it's higher right now and not by a little bit either. While temporary it still results in less profits for us. Therefore, they should incorporate a temporary surge or if they don't to piss off paxs give us slightly better boost as to not piss us off.

My point is they don't care about pissing off their customers but have no problem pissing off their employees (drivers). They really are nothing without its drivers.
We are easier to replace. That is the nature of business.

MaximusMurkimus

When I started this gig in 2015 gas was literally 1.33.

If pax can't understand simple price hikes then chances are I wouldn't want them in my car in the first place.

freeFromUber

When I started this gig in 2015 gas was literally 1.33.

If pax can't understand simple price hikes then chances are I wouldn't want them in my car in the first place.
Literally...I don't think so...I'll call BS on that 1.33

Attachments

• IMG_1439.PNG
    IMG_1439.PNG
    85.9 KB · Views: 77

UberwhoIaM

Yeah...just like the airlines do. I'm all in favor of higher fares....but not on a Temporary basis...tell the pax whatever you need to...JUST INCREASE THE RATES!

You're all forgetting that Uber has already increased rates by a minimum of 15% with the hidden surge since we all signed the new contract.....

Let's pretend we had a rate we all thought was fair. :wink: I know it's a stretch but bare with me here. If we are talking about just a temporary price hike when there are drastic spikes in fuel costs like now. Another member mentioned a good option would be for Uber to institute a temporary boost for drivers the duration of the issue. If they just gave a simple 1.1x boost to only X drivers, where the passenger mileage rate is less then $1.25 per mile that would more then cover the spike in prices. The other platforms would be on a different lower scale since their rates are much higher. This would kick in after a nation wide fuel spike of 15% in less then 14 days.

Uber X drivers should be driving a vehicle that gets a minimum 20mpg. If they aren't that's on them. The boost would equate to an additional $.093 per mile in NJ at our current pathetic rate. That's $1.86 minimum increase per gallon in a 20mpg vehicle average. Those with better gas mileage would do better. That would even help to cover dead miles.

With a boost Uber could eat the cost or pass it along. Either way it's not much to ask for.

I've cut my own driving drastically and already noticed the frequency of surge increasing. I've only completed 25 trips this week as of this post. That's down from 40 - 50. I'm still averaging close to $25 per ride gross.

This current spike wouldn't be the issue it is if we all made the higher shore rates.

freeFromUber

You're all forgetting that Uber has already increased rates by a minimum of 15% with the hidden surge since we all signed the new contract.....

Let's pretend we had a rate we all thought was fair. :wink: I know it's a stretch but bare with me here. If we are talking about just a temporary price hike when there are drastic spikes in fuel costs like now. Another member mentioned a good option would be for Uber to institute a temporary boost for drivers the duration of the issue. If they just gave a simple 1.1x boost to only X drivers, where the passenger mileage rate is less then $1.25 per mile that would more then cover the spike in prices. The other platforms would be on a different lower scale since their rates are much higher. This would kick in after a nation wide fuel spike of 15% in less then 14 days.

Uber X drivers should be driving a vehicle that gets a minimum 20mpg. If they aren't that's on them. The boost would equate to an additional $.093 per mile in NJ at our current pathetic rate. That's $1.86 minimum increase per gallon in a 20mpg vehicle average. Those with better gas mileage would do better. That would even help to cover dead miles.

With a boost Uber could eat the cost or pass it along. Either way it's not much to ask for.

I've cut my own driving drastically and already noticed the frequency of surge increasing. I've only completed 25 trips this week as of this post. That's down from 40 - 50. I'm still averaging close to $25 per ride gross.

This current spike wouldn't be the issue it is if we all made the higher shore rates.
How the hell are you AVERAGING "close to $25/ride"...that means $625 for 25 rides...I call BS.

Mikey_D

FedEx, UPS, DHL, all implemented a fuel surcharge on every package. You think Uber will do the same?.

I'll bet that Uber already has implemented a fuel surcharge and is charging every customer as we speak. But they're keeping it for themselves. Not passing it on to us.

How the hell are you AVERAGING "close to $25/ride"...that means $625 for 25 rides...I call BS.

I'm averaging about 50.00 per ride including minimum fare rides. I took a guy from Kearny to the Harrison Path station today. About 3 miles . And made 52.00 .